My Goal is to lose 120 Pounds

Options
Im 5'5 and weight 250 pounds, How can I accomplish this? Im also going to start drinking green tea

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Doesn't 130 for your height and gender seem a little low? Is there a specific reason you've set this goal? Also, drinking green tea isn't going to magically shed fat. Stay in a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight,
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    In general terms you'll do it by eating less than you have been, and maybe being more active too. The tea is incidental.
  • Pastor_John
    Options
    Maybe you right 130 seems way too much, in High school i remember losing 70 pounds and I was arnd 160 pounds and i look great. i might change my goal weight to 155
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    You aren't going to lose 120 pounds. You're going to keep track of everything you put into your mouth, and increase your activity--and record that on MFP, and you're going to lose a pound over several days. Then you're going to do it again. And again, and again. If you think in terms of "All That Weight", it will seem overwhelming. If you set a goal of "The Next Five Pounds", you're going to win--many times.
    I'm glad to see you here! Here's to getting down to 245.
  • paigecash
    paigecash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to lose 120 pounds. You're going to keep track of everything you put into your mouth, and increase your activity--and record that on MFP, and you're going to lose a pound over several days. Then you're going to do it again. And again, and again. If you think in terms of "All That Weight", it will seem overwhelming. If you set a goal of "The Next Five Pounds", you're going to win--many times.
    I'm glad to see you here! Here's to getting down to 245.

^This. Excellent advice.