What's going on here?

Options
This is my weight graph for the last 90 days (please keep in mind I have over 150 to lose). There is about a 10 pound difference between the top and bottom lines. I had another gain today after 2 top burning days and tracking everything for over a month with over 1,000 calorie deficit per day (I also have a fitbit, so can track it fairly accurately). Any thoughts on what I can do differently?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/terrynkara/weightgraph90days.jpg

Replies

• Kara_Lisa
    Kara_Lisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to get a photo on here...hmmmm
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    What were you doing between 1/8 and 2/19, b/c it looks like since then you have been doing fine.

Do you weigh and measure your food religiously?
  • Kara_Lisa
    Options
  • Kara_Lisa
    Options
    Oh, can you see the picture? Yes, I've only been going for about a month now...tracking every single thing. Weighing everything for the last 2 weeks or so.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Looks great to me. Keep at it.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hit quote on this post, to see how to post pics. Here's your graph.

weightgraph90days.jpg
  • sharinganxphunk
    sharinganxphunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Overall you have a downward trend and that is what is important. Keep doing what you're doing :flowerforyou:
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Here's a link I just saw in another thread which might be helpful!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/download/WeightCharting.xls
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Okay, I took a peek at your diary and I see a lot of entries that don't look like weight, 38 sticks, 1/6 pizza, etc. So you will want to clean that up and put the weights in your diary, you may need to add your own entries. I do that a lot. Also, your sodium is really high on a lot of days and that can cause water retention and mask weight loss. And your protein is low on many days while your carbs are really high. I an not advocating any particular eating plan here but maybe try sticking closer to your protein and carb macros. I saw absolutely no fruit at all in your diary and only a few vegetables plus a lot of processed food, the processed food added to your sodium levels (I am bad for eating processed food too). You may want to try adding some protein for breakfast instead of just coffee. And less sodium in general IMO may help. How much water are you drinking because you are not logging it? What are your fiber levels like?

Your graph looks normal as far as weight loss. I would just suggest trying to balance your diet a little better, get some more whole foods, a little less sweets, more fruits and vegetables, and more protein. See if that helps. Feel free to look at my diary if you need some ideas.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I also see a downward trend and that is wonderful - I would just keep going and realize that the ups and downs are part of it - if you just weighed yourself once a month - you would just see the loss - not so many ups and downs.
  • heatblair
    heatblair Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The downward trend looks great! Yay! Someone mentioned sodium, and I know that whenever I consume a lot of sodium the day or so before weighing-in, I tend to have water weight. The thing is, I love salt, so I have to make a conscious effort to not consume a lot of sodium right before I know I'll weigh-in.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Something that I found helped me speed up weight loss TREMENDOUSLY was getting my heart rate up during exercise. There's working out casually and then there's really pushing yourself. Try interval training and really get a feeling for how you feel when your heart rate is at different levels. For me, I started out doing the elliptical and lost some weight that way, but really plateaued after several months. I added in running (which kept my heart rate far above what it ever was with the ET) and started losing again - fast. Mix up your routine and see where you wind up!