New to my fitness pal.

Options
HI Everyone!
I'm new to the site and I am so glad that I have people to talk to about exercise and weight loss. My doctor told me about the site and I can't wait to start tracking my progress. If anyone has any quick easy recipes or tips for the gym please let me know!!!:smile:

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    First I want to say Welcome to the program. :flowerforyou: You will get support and be motivated
    from your MFP friends. Check out the message boards and some of your questions will be
    answered. :bigsmile:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    Welcome Welcome!!! thats so awesome that doctors are telling people about this!!! wonderful!!! We're all here to support each other, any questions feel free to ask!! :D
  • sharilyngreiner
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I started about a month ago but was slow to really work the program until I got the app on my iPhone. Now I use it every day. If you are looking for more friends to keep you accoutable, let me know. Having friends see what you are logging in is a wonderful and powerful motivation to "do the right thing" dieting. Glad you are on board! :happy:
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The only advice I have to give is to ALWAYS log your food... no matter what you eat!!! That really puts the calories in perspective for me. :)
  • get_wrapped_by_me
    Options
    welcome 2 the family :):):)
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am also a newbie!! Yay :) My biggest help so far is the ipod app. Also I am logging everything! Its too easy to eat something like 2 starbursts or add a tbsp of honey to something and think "oh thats nothing, I don't have to add it" but Im always surprised by the amount of calories that are taken off of my daily allowance by those little additions! This should be interesting..... :)
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    hello and welcome. like everyone else said log all your food no matter what, it will really help. also stay away from sugars, not completely but at the end of the day if you have calories to spare have a little something sweet. if you are a sweets person. as far as the gym, so strength and cardio. cardio alone is good to lose weight but if you want to lose body fat then also do strength training so that you lose fat faster and not muscle by doing only cardio. if you have any other questons feel free to ask.