I love 21-Day Fix! Starting Round 2 today!

Options
No I am not, nor will ever be a BB coach. But I just want to say that I LOVE the 21 Day Fix program. I see a lot of people on here bashing it, but for me it's great (and I didn't buy the challenge pack with the overpriced Shakeology, just the DVDs/containers... which is cheaper than the P90X series btw) The people they advertise as losing 20 lbs have a disclaimer saying how many rounds of the program they've done. Like I lost 6lbs the first time so in 3 rounds (or 9 weeks) I could lose 20lbs. I didn't follow the meal plan as closely as I could've (gah I love all greasy food!) and I missed a few workouts, but I'm happy with my results! Anyway, many people have portion control problems even when they are eating clean. Many people just plain don't want to measure and count calories (like me!) The workouts are great, intense, cover a wide range of fitness abilities, and the meals are quick to put together because I'm not having to look up/log my food or weigh it. Let's be happy for people that are trying out programs like this that encourage healthier eating habits, activity, and hopefully weight loss!!

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Or you could lose the same amount of weight by just creating your own calorie deficit. You can lose 2 lbs a week this way, which is pretty much what you're losing on 21 Day Fix. Except, this way is much less expensive.

But hey, if it works, go for it.
  • tbblake
    tbblake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What dmencac said. Plus it feels more motivational, at least to me, if you do it yourself. A greater sense of accomplishment.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Many people just plain don't want to measure and count calories (like me!)
    You do realise this is a calorie counting website?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If the 21day fix works, why do you need a round 2? Shouldn't you be "fixed" already?

Edited because its Monday and I cannot spell!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    If the 21day fix works, why do you need a round 2? Shouldn't you be "fixed" already?

Tumblr_lm74ypXC1D1qii6tmo1_400.gif
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    i LOVE THE 21 DAY FIX. i think that she means round two as becuase clean eating is what it is. getting all the processed and junk foods out of your diet. Clean eating is a lifestyle not just the 21 days. So after the round you keep going and eating like that. Just watch your portions and get the right amount of food in. I am doing the 21 day fix also. and once done with it you just eat clean. it is not a magic pill or button you have to work for the body you want. not just get there and quit and go back to your old ways. After the first round was over i am still eating like that but I do not measure my foods or meals as often becuase I am aware how what the right serving was. Like Almonds for example. I would eat hand fulls throughout the day. Were in the fix it is 12 is a serving.

I would also eat more less load up on healthy foods becuase I thought it is healthy I can eat whatever i want and how much of it. Why I like the 21 day fix is becuase it taught me portion control and to make sure I get all the Protein, fats, and carbs in my daily meals.

Keep up your great work!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    i LOVE THE 21 DAY FIX. i think that she means round two as becuase clean eating is what it is. getting all the processed and junk foods out of your diet. Clean eating is a lifestyle not just the 21 days. So after the round you keep going and eating like that. Just watch your portions and get the right amount of food in. I am doing the 21 day fix also. and once done with it you just eat clean. it is not a magic pill or button you have to work for the body you want. not just get there and quit and go back to your old ways. After the first round was over i am still eating like that but I do not measure my foods or meals as often becuase I am aware how what the right serving was. Like Almonds for example. I would eat hand fulls throughout the day. Were in the fix it is 12 is a serving.

I would also eat more less load up on healthy foods becuase I thought it is healthy I can eat whatever i want and how much of it. Why I like the 21 day fix is becuase it taught me portion control and to make sure I get all the Protein, fats, and carbs in my daily meals.

Keep up your great work!

Well, I count calories which has helped me decide my portion control. So this works for me and fits in with the whole MFP thing of counting calories. There isn't a magic button or pill I am using either.

Can you eat "clean" fried food? Just curious.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    congrats!

for me, i'm on the 697-day fix....i eat within my calorie allowance (taking macros into account).
    works like a charm!
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    No. Fried foods is fried foods. there is nothing clean about that. Not a lot of people know about portion control. where this program you do not count calories, do not watch marcos. it is just if it fits in the containers you can have it!

Keep up your great work!

Well, I count calories which has helped me decide my portion control. So this works for me and fits in with the whole MFP thing of counting calories. There isn't a magic button or pill I am using either.

Can you eat "clean" fried food? Just curious.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Whatever works!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    No I am not, nor will ever be a BB coach. But I just want to say that I LOVE the 21 Day Fix program. I see a lot of people on here bashing it, but for me it's great (and I didn't buy the challenge pack with the overpriced Shakeology, just the DVDs/containers... which is cheaper than the P90X series btw) The people they advertise as losing 20 lbs have a disclaimer saying how many rounds of the program they've done. Like I lost 6lbs the first time so in 3 rounds (or 9 weeks) I could lose 20lbs. I didn't follow the meal plan as closely as I could've (gah I love all greasy food!) and I missed a few workouts, but I'm happy with my results! Anyway, many people have portion control problems even when they are eating clean. Many people just plain don't want to measure and count calories (like me!) The workouts are great, intense, cover a wide range of fitness abilities, and the meals are quick to put together because I'm not having to look up/log my food or weigh it. Let's be happy for people that are trying out programs like this that encourage healthier eating habits, activity, and hopefully weight loss!!

Your daughter is cute.
    It's good that you;re happy.

I just gotta ask...

You joined MFP in January, you have added no friends and this is your first post.
    Why?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to sit here and eat some cashews.

show.gif
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to sit here and eat some cashews.

show.gif

share?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sure thing. If we're going to end up in these threads together, it's only fair that we share sustenance.
  • CoopZentz
    Options
    Wow some of you guys are kind of mean! I feel like if you can't be encouraging you shouldn't be posting. I think MFP is more than a calorie counting website, it is a community of people trying to do better and that should mean they also support each other. I tried counting calories and it just didn't work for me. I don't feel like I wasted my money on the program. (it is half the price of the P90x series and the workouts are great!) I am not "fixed", being healthy is a lifestyle change! For me it was great for portion control, making sure I get all the foods I should be getting in every day, and not having to think too much about weighing or looking up calories. I am proud of myself for sticking with something for the first time in a long time and finding a program that works for me. Don't bring me down people, it's rude! If anyone else out there is doing it how are you liking it?? What kind of challenges are you having with it?
  • CoopZentz
    Options
    And thanks, she's cute but a pill! To whoever said that about my daughter... clearly I do not know how to reply to specific things yet lol
  • bugga814
    bugga814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    we all have to find what works for us if this works for you be happy don't worry :flowerforyou: I have issues with yoyo dieting ug friend me if you like
  • SuziQGettinFit
    Options
    I follow The Virgin Diet - it's basically a 21 day fix as well. I use PGX shakes instead of theirs just because they are cheaper, readily available and have (I believe) the same ingredients. I haven't found it hard at all, but I do find that MFP helps a lot just to keep track of calories, etc. I don't think that it hurts anyone to cut out sugar and soy from their diets. I have slowly been adding back in gluten (I have discovered an intolerance, so cut it out again) dairy (doesn't bother me) and eggs (no problem with them at all) I can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life. As said before, whatever works for you! Way to go!!
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Your always going to bump into those negative people who have nothing better to do that to put someone else down. I also bought the 21 Day Fix and I'm pretty pumped about it. Many "calorie counters" are thinking about calorie and that's fine. The 21 Day Fix teaches you about quality foods and portion control in addition to daily 30 minute workouts. I hope you get the best out of this program and the point of the 21 day fix is after day 21 you should have a good grasp on eating clean. This is not a diet people, it's a life style change! :smile: