Are my salads too big/fattening?

Options
Hi all!

I realise this may sound like a silly question, but I'm wondering if the salads I have are too big or fattening. I have got to the stage I feel guilty having a large meal because I've been eating little often.

I was really hungry today and In my salad I had: lettuce, red pepper, cucumber and beetroot. I had a drizzle of light salad dressing - this took up half of my dinner plate. I had one tablespoonful of egg mayonnaise (light mayo), about 5 large mushrooms (grilled) and 5 slices of sandwich roast chicken.

I'd be grateful for any insight! Thanks :-)

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Well, put the ingredients into MFP. That way you can see what sort of calories and macros the salad is providing, and how that fits with your overall target.
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty for eating. Look at your calorie GOAL and your other GOALS and try to hit them. If you are doing that, you are right on track!
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    Measure every ingredient and plug all of them into MFP. If it fits into your allowed calories with everything else you eat, you're fine. If not, then change the ingredients. If you need to, I'd start with the mayo.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    idk. my salad today was 2 cups spinach, about a cup of arugula, entire tomato, oz of feta, 5 artichoke heart quarters marinated in olive oil, 2 strips of bacon, shredded carrot, strawberries and red wine vinegar and olive oil. afterwards i had more strawberries and some crackers.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm confused....this is MFP. You should use the site for what it is intended for, logging calories, to see how it matches up with your day. If you are eating too much on your salad, cut it down ...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Um no. My go-to, favorite salad is spinach, blue cheese (lots of it), hardboiled egg, candied pecans, craisins, red onions, black olives, tuna and roasted garlic vinaigrette. Last time I actually logged and figured out the calories, it was around 700. And delicious.
  • melissarmonroe
    melissarmonroe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Probably not. For a while I thought mine maybe were defeating the purpose of a salad, until I actually added up the calories and weighed out the serving size and found out I was right where I need to be (which is good b/c a bigger salad fills me up better!)
  • ljmcf
    ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It wasn't myself who made the salad (it was my boyfriend), so I hadn't measured what was in it to log it on MFP.
  • ljmcf
    ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response folks, appreciate it!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I feel this~!

I love having huge salad and they come out big, 700 cal or something.