Seriously need help and motivation!

Options
Hey guys,

I really need some words of wisom or any advice people can offer.
Over the course of a year i've managed to pile on about 25lbs of what i lost and i just can't physically seem to get it back off no matter how hard i try :( It's seriously getting me down, it seems the harder i try the harder it is!
Worst thing is, i go to work abroad in May as a holiday rep and i desperatly want to shift some lbs before i go but just can't get my head into the zone what so ever. The desire really is there to be healthy, it's just like my brain doesn't want to know.. if that makes sense?

Someone please give me some advice or some inspiration =/ Thanks in advance. xx

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you want it badly you will get to it. First, start with a routine..and then get into the habit of it. If you are a person who can't resist eating junk food, try to eliminate it. Start buying healthy food...just by eating healthy you clean your body of any bad junk you previously have. Drink green tea, a lot of water, and workout...I heard early morning workouts is the best as it burns throughout the day! Add me if you need motivation along the way! Good luck on your journey!
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    You don't need to be motivated--you just need to do like the Nike ads say, "Just do it!" Looking for motivation is the same as looking for a "special feeling", and feelings often lie. Simply start recording everything you put into your mouth, and schedule exercise into your day--every day. (I'm on crutches, and I still schedule 70 minute of exercise into five days every week) If you make the plan, and work the plan, the plan will work. Start today. You'll succeed if you do that.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys and i respect what you're saying but i know what it is i need to do, i wish i could "just do it" but it's not that easy hence why i posted the topic.
  • AnnieRN6
    Options
    Put the mouse down right now. Set your timer for ten minutes, walk fast around your house or outside, then come back to MFP and record that you walked for ten minutes. Seriously. Right now. The come back here and write a post that you just did it. Ignore your feelings--go take a walk right now and prove to yourself that you can do it.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ^^ i agree. go take a walk. baby steps. JUST DO IT.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Thanks, i do agree it's baby steps totally but no way can i do the walking thing right now. I've been stuffing my face and can barely move. Fact is i'll just have to get up tomorrow and hopefully have a new frame of mind.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Honestly the first step is the hardest ... starting.

Once you get a routine down, you learn how to log and chose wisely, it just becomes habits. Just like it was a habit for you to sit on your couch at night and order chinese.
  • AnnieRN6
    Options
    Take it from someone who did the same thing for years--that's frankly crap. Either you want to lose the weight and are willing to work on it, or you want to whine about it and hope that it will magically fall off. Ain't gonna happen. Be honest with yourself--what do you want? I've been there, and I understand, and I wish someone had told me this same thing years ago.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Well here's the plan! Tomorrow i'm gunna get up, bite the bullet and get weighed and really give it a shot and start some exercise.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Decision made, joining the gym tomorrow :)
  • jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Come join the Daily dose of Accountability Group. We post what we do daily and help motivate each other. It has been a lot of help keeping me motivated.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Well.......that was a quick turn around. Great job on being easy OP :)
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Well.......that was a quick turn around. Great job on being easy OP :)
    Haha, well i have 30-40 days to shape up. It's now or never basically.
  • AnnieRN6
    Options
    Good attitude change!!!! Stay in touch--we want to encourage you!!!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Need motivation tooo x
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Eat what you eat just keep track of how much you eat and make sure it's not more than you burn off. Find out what kind of exercise appeals to you: Martial Arts? Dance? Classes at the gym? Weight lifting? Walking? Running? Belly Dancing? there are so many choices! Try them until you find what you like. Many places offer a free beginner's class. Good luck. BTW, a certain event is a decent motivator but a healthy lifestyle change is better :)