Back again after partial knee replacement

Options
paledi
paledi Posts: 56 Member
I started using MFP a couple of years ago with some success. Unfortunately, I gained it all back while rehabbing from 2 knee surgeries. I am 49, 235 lbs., 5'4" and I am still having inflammation issues with the partial knee replacement but able to do water aerobics and some walking. I am starting a eating disorder program this week for compulsive eating. I need all the help I can get. I was a competitive runner for 25 years until my knee couldn't take it anymore so I know what dedication and discipline is but the game changer is OA, hypothryroidism and menopause. I will support you and not preach or condemn in return for your support.

Replies

• merrywait
    Options
    Hi Paledi. Glad I found you. Hope you are still out there. I am 15 days post op on my second knee replacement. I am also 49 and menopausal. My stats are 204lb. and 5'1". I work full time, ride horses, go to the gym for weight training once a week and am an avid home cook. Would love to buddy-up!
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Been a couple of years since I have been really active but it's the new so time to start again.
  • tamywillard
    tamywillard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hope I can join in. I'm 63, 4 yrs from my first knee repl and 3 yrs from second. The good thing here is, the ONLY time my knees hurt is if I take a day off from walking and sit too much. I am 5'8", started better eating and exercises on Aug 23, have lost 22 lbs and am at 200 lb since November, but can't seem to lose anymore. Trying to eat healthy and exercise, but can't do anything with weight on knees . I'm addicted to walking on the treadmill and try to get in at least 3 mi/day. Just started with alternating exercise ball for crunches, chest press w/wts and shoulder press w/wts. every 1/2 mile on the treadmill. Hopefully that will kick start something, because I have at least 40 more lb to go! Any ideas are welcome.