Does anyone use any weight loss supplements?

Options

Replies

• hatsumi141
    hatsumi141 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I will do a couple 'protein' supplementals each day. By this I mean using products such as Protidient Protein bars and Protidiet fruit drinks. I usually mix the fruit drinks very, VERY diluted, into a gallon of water, but I find I feel much more satisfied with extra protein in my diet with little impact on my cals/carbs for the day. Kind of like a Kicked-UP Crystal Light. Don't know if these are considered true supplements, but it IS how I supplement my diet. :tongue:

I use a lot of crystal light, and propel water packets myself
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I supplement my weight loss efforts with boxing, lifting, and running.

Seems to be working. :)

Oh and I take a multi vitamin and vit c

I would love to run by my ankles are very weak so that's out of the question :(.

no it's not. if your ankles are "weak" you need to strengthen them by building the muscle around them and ease into running.

start lifting a little heavier than normal, just little by little.make sure to warm up properly to lubricate the joints by doing some jumping jacks and air squats and lunges, and some dynamic stretching. do this before lifting and running.

ease into running by doing some walk-run intervals. soon enough you'll be scoffing at the idea of 'weak ankles.'

I never knew there tor be any way around it, I will def. try this ty :)

it's how i got around my 'weak' ankles. also, good shoes!
  • hatsumi141
    Options

Do you have a good suggestion on shoes? I had got some Adidas running shoes in the past and it seemed the outsides of them had no support and would actually make it easier for my ankles to give. I thought good running shoes would have been the answer but now they scare me :(.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I know many are against them, yet I am curious if anyone swears by any.

No
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Did you get properly fitted for shoes?

If you go to an actual 'running shoe shop' they should be able to analyse the way you run and select some shoes that will help you.

Unfortunately there's a wide range of 'good running shoes' and what's good for one may not be for another.

Very expensive shoes that "were my best option" according to the running shoe shop.... actually did make a big difference!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    this is my weight loss supplement

York_Barbell_300_lbs_Quad_Grip_Plates_Weight_Set.JPG

We must have the same dealer...

Me too! Small world :happy:
  • hatsumi141
    Options

If you go to an actual 'running shoe shop' they should be able to analyse the way you run and select some shoes that will help you.

Unfortunately there's a wide range of 'good running shoes' and what's good for one may not be for another.

Very expensive shoes that "were my best option" according to the running shoe shop.... actually did make a big difference!

I didn't even know those existed I'll have to look one up around here. I thought, just going to a sports and outdoor store was my only major option. Thank you :).
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I take weight loss/health related supplements: multi vitamin, vitamin B, fish oil, magnesium, and I eat spinach for iron twice a week or so. I have taken weight loss stuff in the past and I kept a journal then too. I have noticed that I lost the same rate with the weight loss stuff as I am now without it. that is my proof that they really don't work. the main sell on any of those diet pills are the diet plan. Just follow a diet plan that works and you don't need the supplements at all. This way you will have more money for good healthy food and your heart will thank you for it. :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I didn't even know those existed I'll have to look one up around here. I thought, just going to a sports and outdoor store was my only major option. Thank you :).

I went to sport check and they were useless. I went to the running room and they were awesome. The watched me walk. Checked my arches, and recommended a bunch of different shoes. It was like running on air!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As above, make sure it's a running specific one - a generic sports one will be unlikely to understand the concepts in my experience.

I'm sure there'll be one not too far away as you're in a decent size City.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Do you have a good suggestion on shoes? I had got some Adidas running shoes in the past and it seemed the outsides of them had no support and would actually make it easier for my ankles to give. I thought good running shoes would have been the answer but now they scare me :(.

I had the same problem and have really bad ankles. There is one shoe that is really good for it and that is the Adidas Response Cushion. You underpronate like I do so stay away from stability shoes as they are made for people who tend to walk on the inside of there foot so pull your ankle out. I was mistakenly wearing these and was constantly turning my ankles. I agree with the running intervals it us what us working girl me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Yes! Besides eating at a calorie deficit, I use exercise-weight lifting three times a week and running 4-6 miles three times a week. For me, eating less than I burn and exercising will be all I need.

I haven't read the rest of your replies so I don't know what others have said, but weight loss supplements are a waste of money. You suppress your appetite though eating properly and eating enough. At least, that's how I have lost 42 pounds.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

You can really lift that? :bigsmile:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My weight loss supplements include lots of fruit and veggie to go with not restricting any food as long as it fits my calories. Additional supplements include a bike, a treadmill, and a fitness trampoline. Oh, I forgot. . . my best supplements are my fitbit and single serve Ziplock containers for pre-portioning out all my batch cooking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

calorie deficit is what I swear by …

save your money and just use MFP to lose a pound per week….
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    no.

NO.

Actually... I lied. I do use a supplement. I just got a FitBit Flex yesterday!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

You can really lift that? :bigsmile:

that is 300 lbs. my current dead lift is 325 x 2. so yes.
  • hatsumi141
    Options
    I went to sport check and they were useless. I went to the running room and they were awesome. The watched me walk. Checked my arches, and recommended a bunch of different shoes. It was like running on air!

Def. need me some air shoes lol
  • hatsumi141
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

this made me laugh so hard, also looking at your profile pic and realizing its you makes it all the more hilarious.