Is this enough for weight loss?

Options
This whole day i ate 656 Calories and a green tea that has 0 calories. I dont like doing excerise unless is fun, Ive tried workout dvds but i dont finish completey, Im thinking about doing walks and a little speed walk to burn Calories. My plan is eat less and drink two cups of green tea during the day then burn Calories by going for walks and playing basket ball here and there. Will i lose weight this way?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely lose weight without any exercise or even just walking. But a guy with your stats can eat quite a bit more and still lose weight. Why are you eating so little?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    This whole day i ate 656 Calories and a green tea that has 0 calories. I dont like doing excerise unless is fun, Ive tried workout dvds but i dont finish completey, Im thinking about doing walks and a little speed walk to burn Calories. My plan is eat less and drink two cups of green tea during the day then burn Calories by going for walks and playing basket ball here and there. Will i lose weight this way?
    You will make yourself sick eating so little!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's probably enough to put you in the hospital. Yikes! Why are you eating so little?! Your body needs fuel to function and survive.
  • Pastor_John
    Options
    i ate a little more now my total is 1,081 calories for the day i can still eat a little bit more
  • healthygreek
    Options
    You can prob eat 1800 calories a day or more!
    What is your weight and height?
    I'm sure someone will help you figure it out.

Edited to fix grammar.
  • Pectinbean
    Pectinbean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I dunno what the minimum is for guys but for women it's 1200 calories a day. Calories are fuel, not the enemy. There's a calculator thing on here that you can put your details into ie goal weight by goal date, and it'll recommend a healthy calorie intake to aim for. Don't starve yourself, you'l faint on the basketball court!
  • Pastor_John
    Options
    My height is 5'5 and i weight 250. My goal Calorie Limit is 1,860 i have about 775 to go, so I can still eat something else before bed.
  • healthygreek
    Options
    Eat all your 1860 calories every day. MFP already has the deficit build in so you will lose the weight eating this.
    If you exercise, eat back at least half of the calories you burn.