loosing body fat / gaining muscle

Options
age 23
weight 11st 9lb
height 5ft 3
body fat 29.6

hi i have just joined my local gym going 4 days a week. which 3 days will be strength training 1 day cardio.
i am looking to get by weight down to 9st 7lb - 10st and get my body fat down 10% or under. which is going to be a struggle has most of the food i eat is unhealthy. so going to cut down on junk food and eat plenty of chicken steak whole meal bread. iam goin to get some protein and creatine plus pre workout supplements.

any advice which will help me along the way will be appreciated.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

welcome to MFP. This tool has been wonderful help for me. I hope it does the same to me.

here is a link that may help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Congratulations for starting your exercise activity already. I suggest weight lifting. It is great to build muscle. You will have to eat more protein as well.
    I prepare my own protein shake with whey protein isolate, a banana and almond milk 45 minutes prior to exercise. Another drink of whey protein isolate with plain water at the end of the exercise period.

Nutrition is the hardest part to change. Try to introduce changes slowly. I started with my favorite foods and upgrade them with "Healthier version 2.0" like replacing fried items with oven baked items, replacing highly processed items with homemade versions, replacing soda and diet soda with water and herbal teas, replacing white rice with brown rice plus quinoa, starting eating more vegetables, raw fruits, legumes and healthy fats (nuts, avocado, olives).

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well it is very difficult to gain muscle while losing fat...

To lose fat you have to be in a deficet

To gain muscle you have to be in a surplus.

Concentrate on maintaining your muscle mass by a progressive load weight lifting program and getting enough protien while eating in a reasonable calorie deficet.

It's not the types of food you eat it's about the amount you eat...