Question for the ladies...

Options
2»

Replies

• ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I'm having a chocolate craving and don't want the calories I make a 'fake hot chocolate' I basically boil or microwave water (I think it works best in the mic, it result sin a bit of a foam) and then add about a tsp of cocoa powder. This seem sto fill me up a tad and get the chocolate. If you want to add calories you could try doing it with milk or soy etc. or adding sugar (it's not sweet which I think helps) or sweetener.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself totally; just focus on portion control and you can have your favorite sweets when you need them. These days I try to skip the M&Ms (my kryptonite) and enjoy healthier chocolate treats, like protein bars and the Dole frozen banana/strawberry dippers. I'm also a huge fan of Skinny Cow candy. Their ice cream is pretty good, but the candy is positively delectable.
    As noted by some of the other ladies, you may be craving chocolate due low levels of magnesium or iron. If you suspect you may be deficient in either of these minerals, do try to increase your intake.
    I've noticed I crave chocolate a lot less when I get enough iron in my diet. So I focus on eating iron-rich foods just before and during my time of the month. It seems to help me, and it certainly doesn't hurt.

I didn't know this -- thanks for sharing. Explains a lot...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself totally; just focus on portion control and you can have your favorite sweets when you need them. These days I try to skip the M&Ms (my kryptonite) and enjoy healthier chocolate treats, like protein bars and the Dole frozen banana/strawberry dippers. I'm also a huge fan of Skinny Cow candy. Their ice cream is pretty good, but the candy is positively delectable.

I bought their crispy chocolate bars... never again. Too delicious, I pretty much ended binging on them, lol.

I actually don't get more cravings before that time of the month. All I get is a few days a week before when I'm just ravenous, but then I could just eat anything really...