I don't even know what size clothing I wear anymore.

ktyang04
ktyang04 Posts: 60
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I started in March 2010 with a tight 14 and some 16. Now, I can fit some 12, 10, 8 and some 6. It's so confusing, I hate going shopping because I'm and so confuse on my sizes.

Does anyone have this same problem?

Replies

• lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    yes, the reason behind it, is because of how the pants fit you...As well as the cut of the garment! They are all different so will fit u differently...Sometimes i am a size 14,16,18, depends on how the garment was made....When i get the size 18 i am What the hell:mad: ??? But realize that these pants fit me differently than the others....
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    I agree with lynzyn, but also the clothing comapnies often cut 50 pairs of jeans at once. The jeans/pants on the top of the stack of material will fit smaller than the ones at the bottom -- eventhough they are the same size and made by the same company, cut, style etc.

Crappy I know. I have some 14s that fall off and others that are tight but are all the same cut, style and manufacturer. Frustrating.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    No, but I cannot wait until I do!:wink:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I can't even remember the last time I could go into a store and know what size to buy. Apparently other people don't have this problem as much as I do? I can fit into anything from an 18 to a 22 in pants right now, or a Large to XXL in tops. That seems about right since before I gained some weight back I was in anything from a 16 to a 20.

My husband, on the other hand, can walk into a store, grab whatever size he usually wears off the rack, NOT try it on, and have it fit. It is so not fair!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Yes, I have this same problem. I used to only shop at the "big girls stores" and therefore had limited options. Now, I get easily overwhelmed by the number of options I have...and the size game only makes things more confusing :(

I'm trying not to let it bother me too much and remember that these are good problems to have. Keep up the good work!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I'm definitely having that problem, and those middle sizes seem to be the worst for variety in sizing. I'm anywhere from an 8 to 12 in pants and a small to large in shirts! It all depends on the cut and the style and the length, etc. It's kind of a pain to shop now since I have to haul 3 sizes of everything into the dressing room with me. Since I've just recently gotten down to this size, I'm still not good at "eyeballing" a piece of clothing to see if it would fit. Everything looks so small and then I put it on and it fits or it's big! My brain hasn't caught up yet I guess. The best thing to do is not focus on the number on the pants but focus on how they fit you. Right now I won't buy 12s anymore tho, even if they fit. I know I'm 10 in terms of inches based on sizing charts so I don't want to be too small for them in a few weeks. Some of my 10s are even feeling loose, but I also just bought a new pair of 10s that are snug still. It's all a mystery...
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,559 Member
    This is so funny because I was just gonna post about this very thing. People will fixate on "I can't wait to wear a size .....". Well, I have 7 pairs of black walking shorts (I live in Florida so LIVE in shorts and I play golf so..). Every pair is a size 10. I have 3 that fall off my body (these are the no waistband shorts and I have curves), 2 that I can't fit my butt into and that strain at the thighs, and 2 that fit pretty well (but are now a little looser-yay!). So, don't focus on the size just use it as a ballpark to start trying on things.
  • I guess it's not a bad thing but at the same time, with 4 kids, a dog and a husband who works late hours, it's such a struggle to find time to shop.
This discussion has been closed.