I DID IT!!! 50 lbs lost, reached my goal!

Options

Replies

• cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I started approximately 10lbs heavier than you, but am also hoping to lose 50lbs. You are a great inspiration. How long did it take you?
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You are one hot woman!
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job. You should be proud :D
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful, how long did it take to loose the 50? and what specifically did you do, excercise and diet wise? thanks for the good encouragement and motivation , your pics are amazing, you are so pretty and look so happy!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow, look how adorable you are! You're glowing and full of life. Congrats!
  • JenMeltsAway
    JenMeltsAway Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hooorayyy!!! You look absolutely amazing!!! So inspiring!
  • CynGyn
    CynGyn Posts: 16
    Options
    Super you look great :smile:
  • MP06
    MP06 Posts: 4
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Keep up the good work.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, just amazing! Great job!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look great! HOw long did it take?
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! What's your secret?
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You look incredible!

OMGosh... if your profile pic doesn't match your response exactly :) LOL Love it :)
  • cshulga
    cshulga Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats! Huge accomplishment!

Also, you look like Rachael Leigh Cook! Horray, she's gorg'

rachael-leigh-06200912.jpg

:drinker:
  • theBeesKnees35
    theBeesKnees35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    way to go!! you look fantastic!!
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look great :). That peachy coral is a nice color on you:)
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WOW....you look AMAZING....YAY for you!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You look absolutely amazing!!
  • Scout2013
    Options
    Well done! You look brilliant.
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm blown away by all of your kind words! Where to even start....

Several people have asked my stats and how long it took --

I'm 32 and 5'4". SW was 180.4 and my original GW was always 130.4 (back to what I weighed when I got married 7 years ago). Now that I have reached my original GW, I'm planning to lose 5-10 more but I'll take it in 5 lb increments. Either way, I'm really happy with where I am now and feel comfortable in my own skin again! My before picture was one that my brother had posted on FB after a family reunion and I was horrified - that wasn't how I saw myself in the mirror at all. Last night, I thanked him for posting that picture. ;)

How long did it take me? The short answer is that it took me 2.5 years - much longer than I ever anticipated it would take. I did have a tibial stress fracture mid last year and was in a boot for two months and pretty much fell off the wagon for a few months. I gained 15 lbs back over that summer so then I had to re-lose that.

How did I do it? I started by limiting my calories. It was incredibly eye-opening to discover how much I had been over-eating. I had a very distinct "Well... no wonder you gained so much weight!" moment. I bought a kitchen scale and use it consistently. That's probably one of the best things I've done along the way. Typically, each night before I go to bed, I plan what I will eat the next day and put it in my diary. I leave a buffer of calories unallotted. Then, when the day rolls around, I pretty much stick to it and am not making decisions just on a whim or based on what I WANT to eat as opposed to what I SHOULD eat.

How many calories do/did I eat? I tried 1200 calories and quickly discovered that was going to make me go bonkers. So, I upped it to 1400-1450 and still lost so I stayed there for a while. Eventually, I plateaued so I tried upping my calories to 1600. My motto is everything in moderation - I'll still eat some chocolate and I won't completely deprive myself of things I enjoy. I try to limit my processed foods, eat more whole foods and lean protein. If I eat it, I log it.

What's my exercise regimen like? My favorite thing to do is run. I started with a 5k and it felt like torture. But I kept at it and I've since done several 5ks, some 10ks and 8 half-marathons. I'm currently training for the spring races and then, ultimately, for a full marathon in the fall (Woohoo!!! Something I can mark off of my bucket list!). I work in the bike and elliptical as well. I've done some of the 30-Day challenges I've seen on Pinterest. Typically, I work out 3-6 days a week.

There you have it!! Thanks again, guys!! :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS. YOu look amazing!

Have the same goal.. hoping to reach soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!