AHHH Epic Fail!!!

Options
Yesterday was a bad eating day for me. I could not stay full for the life of me. I had been eating small meals every 2-3 hours but yesterday it was more like every hour. I also didn't sleep very well at all the night before so maybe that was a contributing factor. Exhausted and hungry.

Today was going to be a fresh start but a very nice coworker brought in doughnuts today. I totally grabbed one of those boston creme filled doughnuts with the chocolate frosting and inhaled it before I could even register what I was doing. I really can't believe I just did that. It all happened so fast :embarassed:

Anyway, I have to be good for the rest of the day and lower the calories of my mini meals. This is not going to be an easy rest of the day :frown:

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    shrug off the naughty donut and move on. you can do this!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ah, at least it's not just me...today was donut day for us as well...instead i was the first to scoop a piece of cherry pie at 8am...but i've been eating good since then i think?
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Oh, that's my favorite kind of donut
  • iceangel055
    Options
    You realized you shouldnt have eaten the doughnut, but you are doing great! The old me would have said, well I failed today, why not eat another donut. You realize that now you should eat smaller mini meals for the rest of the say and change your meals accordingly do to the calories you ate this morning. You cant beat yourself up, otherwise it will turn into a downward spiral.

Also, I have realized that you cant be perfect everday. Every once in a while you need that "naughty" day or so to eat something you probably shouldn't.

So maybe tonight after you get home, go to the gym and work out for an extra little bit or walk around the block a few extra times after dinner. Just because you eat a little extra during one meal doesnt mean that you have to cut calories from the other meals. Exercise those calories off instead. :)
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    its all good.

once a week you should eat normal and have more calories than your minimal to shock your system, but dont do it everyday once a week you should treat yourself, just dont overdo it.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    shake it off, try to keep in check for the rest of the day and then get an extra few minutes of working out to help counteract the doughnut...munchies happen, the key is not to dwell and let it ruin the rest of your day...try to move on and do better next time :)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You realized you shouldnt have eaten the doughnut, but you are doing great! The old me would have said, well I failed today, why not eat another donut. You realize that now you should eat smaller mini meals for the rest of the say and change your meals accordingly do to the calories you ate this morning. You cant beat yourself up, otherwise it will turn into a downward spiral.

Also, I have realized that you cant be perfect everday. Every once in a while you need that "naughty" day or so to eat something you probably shouldn't.

So maybe tonight after you get home, go to the gym and work out for an extra little bit or walk around the block a few extra times after dinner. Just because you eat a little extra during one meal doesnt mean that you have to cut calories from the other meals. Exercise those calories off instead. :)

exactly :)
  • charlichickxx
    Options
    i feel like an epic fail for my 1st week...

never done the whole calorie counting thing before (never actually put on weight before now!), but i put on a stone and a half in the past 8months ive been dating this guy and it's gotta come back off!!!! so... i found this site and started calorie counting a week ago.

Cant believe how much crap i usually eat!!!!!!! OMG!!!

ive had two EPIC FAIL days... wayyyy over my target and guess what... they're the days ive been out with the bf! I put on 1pound over the week (although im not sure if thats just general fluctuation from being all female etc) but i havnt exactly got the desired result. :(

Wont give up... after all a week doesnt show an awful lot and ive promised myself to give it a full month before trying something else! I say forgive yourself that dohnut and focus on the days to come!!!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    There is no success without failure first- You'll do great the rest of the day!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    i feel like an epic fail for my 1st week...

never done the whole calorie counting thing before (never actually put on weight before now!), but i put on a stone and a half in the past 8months ive been dating this guy and it's gotta come back off!!!! so... i found this site and started calorie counting a week ago.

Cant believe how much crap i usually eat!!!!!!! OMG!!!

ive had two EPIC FAIL days... wayyyy over my target and guess what... they're the days ive been out with the bf! I put on 1pound over the week (although im not sure if thats just general fluctuation from being all female etc) but i havnt exactly got the desired result. :(

Boyfriends do you make you fat...not only are you off the market so you don't have to "dress to impress" but dating usually involves eating out a lot, snacking while watching romantic movies, etc...i just want to get back to the weight i was at when i met my future husband...

Wont give up... after all a week doesnt show an awful lot and ive promised myself to give it a full month before trying something else! I say forgive yourself that dohnut and focus on the days to come!!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    clearly i don't know how to reply to a quote, i'm sorry...i'll figure out this site soon i promise