Why am I not losing any weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i've been keeping it mentally cause it becomes a hassle to add everything in the app. But i do need to do that. And I just read a few articles about how those types of foods could be affecting weight loss

When I was a kid, many moons ago, there was a cheesy TV program called Lost in Space. There was a robot who would wave his arms wildly in every show and say,

"Danger Will Robinson! Danger Will Robinson!"

This is what I'm saying to you. You cannot keep these kinds of records in your head. You are eating more than you think and not moving as much as you think. This is why you are not losing.
  • brasgold
    brasgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bull bull bull with the not eating enough!! WE get fat cause we eat too much WE lose when we eat less. I wish people would stop just pushing this its nuts. Most of the time we are not weighing measuring or writing down what we eat. Most of the time when you don't lose its because you are having a cheat day or meal. If you eat less you lose. What would you say to a thin girl wow she must overeat to be so thin. Really people no one here does not eat enough cause we wouldn't be here.. Rant over
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    it takes more than a month and a half... it's called a LIFEstyle change for a reason. Some people see results in a few months, some longer, some less. You have to trust the process. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    12956698465_93c92ff0fd.jpg

A person has to see that they are empty before they can be filled.
  • yewbic
    yewbic Posts: 37
    Options
    (Edited to add: Leaving this up for those including OP who comes back to the thread. I have deleted the prior posts)

i just had some time to reflect on how i behaved, and despite thinking that im not all to blame in instigating all of this, I want to apologize to everyone i offended and for responding in a rude manner. I'm not usually this temperamental, I dont know what came over me.

I think if someone is not getting results, it could be worth it to atleast try different approaches to see if anything resolves their problem. I think we can all agree to disagree in what believe to be the problem here, and leave it up to the OP to try different solutions for her problem in order to see what works.

I'd also like to apologize to the OP for taking part in derailing her thread, I'm Sorry.

If I could edit my previous posts I would, but It wont let me...

Once again, my bad, I'm sorry to anyone I've offended, insulted, or hurt your feelings. I feel terrible of how I behaved, I apologize.
  • Beley1984
    Beley1984 Posts: 21
    Options
    I know this is a common question, but I was hoping maybe somebody can help me with this. I'm 20 years old, 5'5" and 150 lbs. I was 150 in mid February when I started this change in lifestyle and I am still 150. I cut out dairy, gluten, wheat, added sugar. I drink herbalife shakes for breakfast and eat super healthy throughout the day, about 1500 calories. I workout twice a day; an hour of cardio and sometimes also weight training in the morning and different intervals like running stairs at an arena and Insanity workouts in the evenings. I store a lot of fat in my lower half and I know that is the last place it leaves so I really need to start losing weight so that I can wear shorts in the summer. It's super discouraging because I feel like I work so hard and get nowhere and my friends will ditch soda and drop like 10 lbs. Does anyone know of anything that might help me or what my problem could be?

Why you are not losing weight maybe because of your developing muscles during your exercise. You can do your exercise except weight training.
  • Beley1984
    Beley1984 Posts: 21
    Options
    it takes more than a month and a half... it's called a LIFEstyle change for a reason. Some people see results in a few months, some longer, some less. You have to trust the process. :flowerforyou:

You can take it for only 21 days to form a habit of losing weight with proper diet and exercises.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I know this is a common question, but I was hoping maybe somebody can help me with this. I'm 20 years old, 5'5" and 150 lbs. I was 150 in mid February when I started this change in lifestyle and I am still 150. I cut out dairy, gluten, wheat, added sugar. I drink herbalife shakes for breakfast and eat super healthy throughout the day, about 1500 calories. I workout twice a day; an hour of cardio and sometimes also weight training in the morning and different intervals like running stairs at an arena and Insanity workouts in the evenings. I store a lot of fat in my lower half and I know that is the last place it leaves so I really need to start losing weight so that I can wear shorts in the summer. It's super discouraging because I feel like I work so hard and get nowhere and my friends will ditch soda and drop like 10 lbs. Does anyone know of anything that might help me or what my problem could be?

Why you are not losing weight maybe because of your developing muscles during your exercise. You can do your exercise except weight training.

No. Not true.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Why you are not losing weight maybe because of your developing muscles during your exercise.
    Probably not likely at this stage.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    NOT TRUE......I eat 1200 calories a day and have tracked my food since March 09 and once my gallbladder came out it was game over no matter what, I never eat fatty food and exercise, so it just isn't true about eating too much, some people have these problems and almost impossible to lose.