Help with body media

Options
Hello folks!

I have a shiny new body media and I have synced it to MFP but I noticed that yesterday it used a projection and not the true number of calories burnt which I uploaded this morning. Is that supposed to be the case? Or, is it not syncing properly?

Any advice anyone can give me would be fab!

Thank you!!

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What! No-one!?

Bump!
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I returned my BodyMedia armband and went a different route, but from what I remember the BodyMedia synch uses projections throughout the day and adjusts all the way up until the end of the day when it synchs final data. Good luck!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by "projection" and "not the true number of calories burnt." I use Bodymedia Fit and had a few problems in the beginning, not sure if I just wasn't reading correctly or what, but I just did trial and error with settings and such until it "looked right."
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    the projections are pretty close to what you'll see when you upload and get the cpu data. but if you want, you can always manually upload (at the cost of battery life) during the day if you're curious. the syncs will catch up eventually
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Thank you so much for these!

I do need to clarify though, I can only sync via USB as I have the KIFit version. No bluetooth or wireless transfer. The projection for yesterday as over by at least 500 calories but it is early days so I am sure it will learn! And I will upload before bed from now on as well.

Thank you!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    the longer you use it the more it will tailor to your particular metabolism, especially if you log calories and track weight accurately