How to do you weigh yourself?

Options
MrsSp00ns
MrsSp00ns Posts: 17 Member
I was wondering how people weigh themselves for the purposes of recording your weight on here.

For example, if it looks like I may have gone down in weight I will then typically weigh myself in my pjs in the morning, in my gym clothes after the gym (without my trainers on) and in my day clothes at night (no heavy jumpers or shoes on) only when all three show a pound down I record it so I'll be updating to 10 stone 4 today. I usually weigh once every couple of days but feel I need to check throughout before recording a pound off to ensure it is not just fluctuations due to water, clothing etc..

What do you do?

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I wake up, go pee, take off my pjs & weigh myself. If it is down, I record it. I don't care if it down just for 30 seconds. I saw it and own it :)
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    I like to weigh myself naked. It's interesting how much your weight will fluctuate depending on your outfit. I have an app on my iphone called "Happy scale" which uses your daily weight to predict when you will hit your goal. It isn't recommended to weigh every day because of the fluctuations but this app calculates it and balances your weight which is cool.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, naked, and I only record the losses. I like seeing the overall downward trend without all the spikes from water weight.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I weigh the first time I wake up in the new day (usually between 12:30am and 1:30am. I know it's weird. But it's consistent). I pee, strip, weigh, record, dress again, go downstairs and have a huge glass of water then fall asleep in the recliner for another 2-3 hours. A lot of factors went into deciding how I do it, most of which don't apply to most other people so my way is kind of jacked up but it works for me..
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wake up, go pee, take off my pjs & weigh myself. If it is down, I record it. I don't care if it down just for 30 seconds. I saw it and own it :)

Exactly!
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Yep. Sometimes depending on when I wake up I'll have a glass of water to tide me over until I weigh, for me a 2 hour difference can be at least a pound.
  • MrsSp00ns
    MrsSp00ns Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the only one who weighs with my clothes on then! I know it can add a pound or two but I figure that it is what I move around during the day and that's what others would record my weight as l'm unlikely to strip when others record my weight!
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wake in the morning, pee, take off any clothes I may have on and weigh myself. I only record if it is a loss. I tend to record 2 or 3 times a week.

Every Friday I also weigh and measure waist and hips. I record that on a handwritten log I keep in a book which has my goals next to the weight achieved over a three month period. (Ie I put the goals together 3 months ago). I take a photo of the page and email it to 4 of my friends/ sisters who are part of my support group! It has been fun, and I know they wait for their email every Friday. I've been doing this since 10 January, one week after I started!

I must say that the Friday has become fun, but I am way ahead of my goals!
  • BigBadDougs
    BigBadDougs Posts: 155
    Options
    Once a week - bollock naked
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Same here. I also weigh myself during the day mostly out of curiosity. Amazing I went from 173 to 177 to 173 throughout the day yesterday.

I weigh myself every day though. I do this for a few reasons.

1. I can see if I am still in caloric deficit (if my weight starts going up and up then I know I am eating too much)
    2. I can make sure I am not losing too much weight too fast.
    3. Motivation!!!!!!!!!!! Not only to stay the course but to make my weight loss goals.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week as well as measure body fat.
    Sometimes we get caught up in weight but fail to see that if we lose too much muscle, we will continue to be fat even at our lower weight.

Weight lift, sleep, eat correctly, lose fat.
    Simple.
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I constantly weigh myself throughout the day! But I only record every Thursday morning.

I get a kick out of how much my weight flucuates throughout the day... I love seeing it go down even after a full tummy! LOL.

But Thursday mornings I wake up, weigh myself with just a tank and panties on (pjs) and then go pee, and then weigh myself again and the second one is the one I record. This am from 1st weight to post potty weight was 1lb! LOL!! I think it's crazy how much water weighs!!

I drink a gallon of water a day - thats 8lbs of water! haha. Interesting!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh EVER…go by the fit of my clothes and how I feel. I embrace the body I have.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Friday morning routine -- Get up, get undressed go pee. Start shower. While the shower is warming up, I weigh myself 4 times, pushing the scale around to random spots in the bathroom. Average of those 4 is my weight. It usually doesn't vary much, within a half-pound for all four measurements, but it satisfies the engineer in me that I at least *tried* to take some statistical variation.
  • PNewmanTx
    PNewmanTx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh once per week, generally around the same time of day. I do this after workout, in just my gym shorts. I try to keep the conditions as consistent as possible. As an additional motivator, I keep my actual weight and a target weight on an Excel spreadsheet and generate a plot, which I then print the updated copy. As long as my actual weight is at or below the target weight line, I'm good.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    me too!! I'm all about the number. I know I know......it's not proper but it MOTIVATES ME! and it works to keep me going. I have to take off these last 12 of 20 pounds I gained since Nov. of 2013, before I can work on the 30 to get to the 50 total!!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up.. I don't take my darn clothes off. your clothes don't weight that much anyways. I write it down in my journal but I record it on here every Friday. I just keep in mind that my weight fluctuates a lot and just move on for the day. this is what helps me to stay on track or plan on upping my activity for the day, lower my carbs, up my water, etc:drinker:
  • caspercb
    caspercb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and measure in once a week.
    Monday evening I do my measurement & Tuesday morning before I've had breakfast I weigh in in my bra and pants.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wake up, go for my run, strip down then get on the scales in the nip.
    I have the old fashioned scales so they can be tough to read if the change is small.

Weigh every other day and log maybe once or twice a week.
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm with the wake up, pee and weigh naked group. And record it when its down, LOL