Chocolate Chip Cookies (HG)

Options
kimmerlyjo
kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
Okay so I gave in and checked out the Hungry Girl website and oh am I glad I did (live over seas and so hittin up amazon.com as soon as i post this!!!)

I know one of my huge cravings lately has been cookies... ANY kind of cookies! I'm so pumped to try this recipe!!! (oh and the best part is it only makes 8 medium sized cookies so you don't have the pans of temptation lying around) 88 calories vs 200 calories

Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
6 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
2 1/2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. brown sugar, not packed
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips (flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt). Mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (applesauce, pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract). Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely blended. Then, fold in the chocolate chips. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 8 evenly spaced circles. Place pan in the oven for about 10 minutes (until cookies appear done and feel firm). Remove pan from the oven and allow cookies to cool slightly. For best results, enjoy while the cookies are still warm and the chips are still melty! MAKES 8 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 medium-sized cookie (about 1.5 oz.)
Calories: 88
Fat: 1.5g
Sodium: 93mg
Carbs: 17g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 1*

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    Options
    Okay so I gave in and checked out the Hungry Girl website and oh am I glad I did (live over seas and so hittin up amazon.com as soon as i post this!!!)

I know one of my huge cravings lately has been cookies... ANY kind of cookies! I'm so pumped to try this recipe!!! (oh and the best part is it only makes 8 medium sized cookies so you don't have the pans of temptation lying around) 88 calories vs 200 calories

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    6 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
    2 1/2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 tbsp. brown sugar, not packed
    3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips (flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt). Mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (applesauce, pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract). Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely blended. Then, fold in the chocolate chips. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 8 evenly spaced circles. Place pan in the oven for about 10 minutes (until cookies appear done and feel firm). Remove pan from the oven and allow cookies to cool slightly. For best results, enjoy while the cookies are still warm and the chips are still melty! MAKES 8 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 medium-sized cookie (about 1.5 oz.)
    Calories: 88
    Fat: 1.5g
    Sodium: 93mg
    Carbs: 17g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 6g
    Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 1*
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    Just got finished taste testing my first batch... they were awesome! hard to believe i don't have to feel guilty about eating these!!!!
  • Sun-Shine
    Sun-Shine Posts: 46
    Options
    Thank you! Trying these soon!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Will these freeze well?
    I would love to make a big batch of these puppies and forget about baking for a while.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Adding this to my recipe collection. Yummy. Thanks.
  • kimmerlyjo
    Options
    I'm not a huge baker, but to me they don't seem like they would... they definately seem like a straight out of the oven kinda cookie. They turned out more like a cake/muffin. But honestly if you have all the ingredients, it only takes maybe 10 minutes of prep time! They are sooooo good. Tried them out on the 6 and 5 year old last night too and they thought they were great!!!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the process of making these now. I tasted the batter, which tasted surprisingly good! I can't wait to see how they pan out.

(They're amazing)
  • bloomin11
    bloomin11 Posts: 8
    Options
    CAN'T WAIT TO TRY