only day 2 but finding it really hard and i need food grrr

Options
hi guys my name is emma and i am 27 , i have 2 children a 3 year old and also a 9 year old,
i have put on more weight that i should have recently some of it is down to depressiion and some of it is down to steriods, i am under goin test for chrones at the moment but i have been ok and well for a about 2 months now and not been on my steroids for about the same time so i am hopin it was just a flare up ,

well i strated my diet 2 days well this is day 2 i have been doin really well in the but i am struggling at night i really want to loose some of this weight as i know it will make me feel better but all i can think about if food and chocolate i am getting really angry with my self over it to,
does any one have any tips or advice to help me get through this any avice will be bill i look forward to hopefully getting to know you all very soon

sorry my first post is a little crazy xxx
emx

Replies

• deNachtzuster
    Options
    I have my own business and tend to work late. So at night I get hungry. My solution, buy a rowing machine! During the day collect some extra calories so you can use them at night! Thats what I do...

And when i wanna have some drinks in the weekend, I just row my *kitten* off in front of the telly.... lol.
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lol thats sounds pretty good my dear, i dont really have the room for a machine though as no where to put it, thing is i love to pick ,and pick and pick i just dotn knwo what things to pick on tbh lol
    x
  • tater8589
    Options
    some better snacks may be what you need, i like Kelloggs fiber plus dark chocolate and almond, carrots (and other veggies), and fruits. More fiber and protien will help you feel more full longer. Also as deNachtzuster said, workout so you can have more cals to eat. do a search on the topic Craving, Help. I posted that over the weekend cause i was craving chocolate and got some good responses. Good luck.

Oh, also.. for workouts if you need some ideas or just want to know whats already on this site, leave the seach area blank and hit search under the exercise, it'll show you all the options. you could do easy things like crunches, pushup(i know they suck, i hate them), squats, leg lifts... little stuff at home without buying any equipment. Or if you have time take the kids to the park and walk the whole time, log that time :) Hope I helped.
  • emkam11
    Options
    thank you hun i iwll have a look, as i am sitting here now and all i want to do is eat somehting not bothered what it is just want food lol
    x
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I found Vita tops. They're frozen muffin tops that are high in fiber and iron and HUGE in taste.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I always get hungry at night too. My solution is to leave some calories free after supper and have an after dinner snack... and then go to bed before I get hungry again. I have a category on my food diary for after dinner snacks so I can keep track of those separately from during the day.

Also, are you doing a huge calorie difference from what you were before MFP? You may want to up your calories a little (less pounds/week to lose) and work your way down to whatever calories you have now.

I completely agree that more fiber and protein... plus drinking your water... helps you stay full longer.

Are you still using the steroids? I know that they can increase your appetite as well... and depression can make you just want to eat all day too... and depression *and* steroids... ugh. Been there, done that, have the weight to show for it.
  • emkam11
    Options
    thats a great idea thank you , i do try and go for a walk everynight if we can we have a little puppy so we all try and go for a walk with her , but someone told me the other day that i need to be walking fast other wise it doesnt work i mean we walk from anythign for 45 mins ti 2 hours,

i just hope i can manage to get on wel with trying to loose some weight its horrible feelign like you have taken something away from ur self grrr
    lol

i am so jealous of those people who are doin so well lol x

hpow long have you been on this site hun? and has it been helpfull to you ?
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    Oh and I try to to explain to people that when you are addicted to food (which we are) you go through 100% real withdrawal. Your mind is so addicted to the comfort the food gives you and it truly tries to trick you into needing food. You can get moody, dizzy, tired, forgetful and all kinds of other things. It took a couple of weeks but I don't have any of that anymore. xoxo
  • emkam11
    Options
    they sound lovely where can you buy them from??
    x
  • emkam11
    Options
    bless you hun thank you for that well tbh i am not to sure on how many cal i used ot have but i would always eat alot at night i can go all day without eating but then eat all day i still have a few cal left from today i am just worried that i am talking my self in to eating more if that makes sence,

i am not on steroids now hun but will prob go bk on them, i have been told by my dr i may to go bk on them but we will see i am doin ok atm,

yeah depression and food are like best budds arnt they lol, i do try really hard but its just when th ekids have gone to bed i just seem to want to eat eat eat lol

maybe i need to go in to sort out how many cal i am having i think i am allowed 1200 or somethign like that and i didnt eat them all yesterday and still have a few left today,

can you save them up as well for like a bad day lol ???

how long hav eyou been on this site??

have you found it helpfull??xx
  • emkam11
    Options
    thats all sounds so true it really does, so do u think its a phase i am goin through?? that we all go through, its like a huge addiction, i do love my food i really do and my choc too, oops not good i know i just hope i can hold out and do this i really really do ,

i just need tpo be carfull as i am picking on friut when i feel hungry like tonight but i dont know how my tummy is gonna react the last time i was on my diet i was doin really well i did it for 3 weeks and then got really ill so thats also at the back of my mind, but i hope i dont

i must admitt though i am smiling at ur post lol x
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    do your best during this first week. log everything honestly, and start learning what food costs in terms of calories. Stick with it fr the next three weeks NO MATTER WHAT and you will be amazed as you start to feel wonderful, cravings for junk decrease as you learn how little junk food you get for the same calories as healthful food, and stay active on the boards, read and post and make friends. These will keep you in the habit of using the site, and will get you through the initial start-up phase, when it is easiest to give up. You can do it!!!!
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    they sound lovely where can you buy them from??
    x

You're not quoting so I'm going to answer this one. I got mine at Lowes Foods but I'm sure a lot of grocers have them in the freezer section. You sound European so that may be tough
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    thats all sounds so true it really does, so do u think its a phase i am goin through?? that we all go through, its like a huge addiction, i do love my food i really do and my choc too, oops not good i know i just hope i can hold out and do this i really really do ,

i just need tpo be carfull as i am picking on friut when i feel hungry like tonight but i dont know how my tummy is gonna react the last time i was on my diet i was doin really well i did it for 3 weeks and then got really ill so thats also at the back of my mind, but i hope i dont

i must admitt though i am smiling at ur post lol x

You can eat - just choose carefully. It doesn't have to be ALL fruit. You can have yogurt, and pita crisps and hummus and cheeses (low fat) and lean meats. Also, drink tons of water :D
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Water, i drink water, in what ever form i can...green tea, water with lemon in it, plain water, hot water, cold water...just suck it back...you'll pee like mad for the first little bit, but after awhile your body will love it...and don't freak if you gain some water weight...you'll sweat it out with what ever excercise you choose...but i'm a BIG munchie eater, and so far that's the only thing that works for me...plus i just quit smoking so the tendency to eat is a lot bigger...but i'm doing good with the water...i also think "that chocolate bar is 240 calories, that's almost an hour on the ellyptical..." that's insane! i hate the ellyptical so much that i won't eat that chocolate bar
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hi guys my name is emma and i am 27 , i have 2 children a 3 year old and also a 9 year old,
    i have put on more weight that i should have recently some of it is down to depressiion and some of it is down to steriods, i am under goin test for chrones at the moment but i have been ok and well for a about 2 months now and not been on my steroids for about the same time so i am hopin it was just a flare up ,

well i strated my diet 2 days well this is day 2 i have been doin really well in the but i am struggling at night i really want to loose some of this weight as i know it will make me feel better but all i can think about if food and chocolate i am getting really angry with my self over it to,
    does any one have any tips or advice to help me get through this any avice will be bill i look forward to hopefully getting to know you all very soon

sorry my first post is a little crazy xxx
    emx

Fill yourself up with protein and fibre, if you feel full, it will be so much easier to think about other things other than food, also make sure you log everything.

Make sure you exercise, exercise can repress hunger and that may be handy for you at the beginning whilst you are trying to get over your thoughts being consumed by chocolate and grub.

Gradually, as long as you don't give up, you will begin to think along the lines of healthy foods rather than stuff that is empty calories. Personally, if I eat stuff that is high in carbs or very high in sugar, I will crave more of the same. However, if I do not start the day off like that, but have a high protein breakfast, my day gets off to a good start and by late afternoon I am loathe to ruin it.

Take each day at a time :flowerforyou:
  • tater8589
    Options
    thats a great idea thank you , i do try and go for a walk everynight if we can we have a little puppy so we all try and go for a walk with her , but someone told me the other day that i need to be walking fast other wise it doesnt work i mean we walk from anythign for 45 mins ti 2 hours,

i just hope i can manage to get on wel with trying to loose some weight its horrible feelign like you have taken something away from ur self grrr
    lol

i am so jealous of those people who are doin so well lol x

hpow long have you been on this site hun? and has it been helpfull to you ?

Ok, some peolpe suck, Yes walking faster is better, but walking at a normal pace for 45min-2hours is still helping, espc if your profile is set for minimal activity. There is even an option for it under excercise and i use it when i got shopping for extended periods. Good luck.
  • emkam11
    Options
    i will tey my best to keep on here and make new friends hunas i hope that i can support you all as much as i can see you will all support me too just need to try and find my way around the board and that and work out how to use it properly lol,
    x
  • emkam11
    Options
    Water, i drink water, in what ever form i can...green tea, water with lemon in it, plain water, hot water, cold water...just suck it back...you'll pee like mad for the first little bit, but after awhile your body will love it...and don't freak if you gain some water weight...you'll sweat it out with what ever excercise you choose...but i'm a BIG munchie eater, and so far that's the only thing that works for me...plus i just quit smoking so the tendency to eat is a lot bigger...but i'm doing good with the water...i also think "that chocolate bar is 240 calories, that's almost an hour on the ellyptical..." that's insane! i hate the ellyptical so much that i won't eat that chocolate bar

i am not to sure how to post the whole quote thing so i am trying this ,

i will try my best to keep drinking the water hun i really really will thats brillaint the way you look at food and choc in that way i am very impressed x