Anyone out there like me?

TennVolsGal
TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Would have put this in a health section but their isnt one.....Ohhh idea for ya guys!:laugh:

Ok I was just curious if anyone out there has or knows someone who has POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)? Let me give a brief explanation of what it is for those who are now interested. Gravity effects our bodies differently so and kind of movement especially standing raises our heart rates. The only treatment is with betablockes to force the heart rate to stay within normal ranges and a high sodium diet (:love: YES I get all the salt I want cuz its doctors orders). The sodium causes a restriction in the blood vessels causes the gravity to have a less effect when you move.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has this out there and has trouble with their weight. :blushing: Naturally I have to be careful exercising and drink lots of propel for the sodium.

Thanks for all the support I love MFP!!

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Dang no posts:sad: .... was it that bad LOL
  • kalisonh
    kalisonh Posts: 6 Member
    I have POTS as well. I have trouble exercising and can only do low intensity exercise. Have just started on a new drug Coralan which is working really well. My cardiologist says to keep going with the meds. He's gonna see me in 6 months time for review and up my dosage if I'm not handling the exercise well.

The thing I struggle with is feeling really tired a lot and finding motivation to exercise, given that sometimes I feel worse afterwards. I have been trying to do exercise like yoga/pilates and stay away from exercise that increases heart rate too much.

I know your post was a while ago, but wondering how you've been going with it all. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.