ALWAYS TIRED!

Options
It doesn't matter if I sleep a lot or a few hours. I rarely feel rested when I wake up! Anyone else deal with this? Anything help?

Replies

• S_Murphree
    Options
    Yes! For sure. I found that if I make myself exercise, even for 15 minutes, it helps. (exercise is my down fall)... Also, a multivitamin helped. I'm married with 3 kids at home full time and my step son on weekends. So, being tired is to be expected but some days it's hard to put one foot in front of the other. I just push through. Good luck!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    get your thyroid checked.
  • susanbrown96
    Options
    I was that way until I put my self on a schedule, good diet and workout regimen. I make sure and workout at least 5 days a week and drink my Shakeology everyday. In the past 6 months to a year I have felt so much better. I also make sure I do a workout that kinda wears me out.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I really know how you feel, same happens to me. What i have found is if i eat a banana in the morning it really helps trust me. Also when i go for a walk that helps alot as well.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get some blood work done. You could be anemic, Vitamin D deficient (very common in the winter and North), etc.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    get your thyroid checked.
    this
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multivitamin?
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Taking any meds? Could be seasonal affective disorder due to lack of UV.
  • Lola7791
    Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a multi vitamin and a big dose of vitamin D.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It might help if we could see your diary...in case you don't want to make it public, here are some general questions.

Has this just been since you started trying to lose weight? Are you eating up to your daily goal plus at least half of earned calories? Maybe working out much more than usual? Getting plenty of water? Trying to cut carbs too low? Have you had your iron checked?
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You might also want to see if you're getting the quality of sleep you need, especially if the amount of sleep you're getting doesn't seem to matter.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do but I have depression and PCOS and a major vitamin D deficiency... And insomnia... I am exhausted... I hardly ever get more than 6 ours a night (at best)... But like last night I got 8 and if I'm being 100% honest I ate breakfast with my husband this morning and went back to bed! Haven't managed to fall asleep but I am exhausted and don't want to so anything! I have huge bags under my eyes.. It sucks
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd look into a sleep study. Do you snore? Get yourself checked for sleep apnea. I was just talking to someone whose husband started falling asleep randomly during the day despite the fact that he seemed to have slept through the night. Turns out he really wasn't sleeping at any normal level, and had to get treatment. He was feeling better after it - I believe it involved sleeping in an air mask among other things.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    First, are you eating enough, getting proper nutrition?

Secondly, I'm not sure how old you are but hormonal changes as women get older can really knock you out.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a multi vitamin and a big dose of vitamin D.

EDoTiDD.gif
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There are tons of possible causes for this, it's not really something we can diagnose for you over the internet. You could have a vitamin D deficiency, anemia, a crummy mattress, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, you could be undereating significantly, it could be stress, thyroid problems, etc...

Talk to your doctor about it, s/he will probably be of more help than us.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if I sleep a lot or a few hours. I rarely feel rested when I wake up! Anyone else deal with this? Anything help?

how much water are you drinking?
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Let the temperature in your room or house drop about 2 degrees when you're heading off to bed. You'll sleep deeper and wake more rested.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yep, it was my thyroid.

Husband had it as well and he has sleep apnea.

I would for sure talk to your doctor about it. As other people have mentioned, it could be a variety of things.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Get your bloodwork done, and if that comes back normal do a sleep study. Sleep apnea can cause you to sleep and not feel rested. I also time my sleep/wake time so that I am getting complete 90 minute sleep cycles. I find I am never rested if I wake mid cycle. So aim for 1.5h, 3hrs, 4.5hrs, 6 hrs, 7.5 or 9hrs at a time, and I count on about 20-30 minutes to fall asleep. This seems to help me anyways.