It's a catch 22... for the first little while

Options
I was thinking about this, and there is't really an answer to it. I know most of you will relate.

You're at your largest weight, you've fallen off the band wagon, you tell yourself that you'll try again tomorrow, you tell yourself that you want a 'binge night/candy night/pig out night' etc., your sex drive is shot because you feel unattractive, your marriage is falling apart because of your low self esteem, you just don't know how to get back on track.

You KNOW that the one thing that will fix all of this is getting healthy, and getting your eating habits under control and back on track. But how do we get there? How do we make ourselves do this? We are literally watching ourselves, our lives fall apart from this one little thing called 'food'

It's hard to get back on track, and I've told myself that I'll get back on track a million times, I've fallen off the band wagon a million times I don't even tell anyone I'm trying anymore.

We've all been there, and I hope for most of us on here that we're now on a good path using MFP and getting healthy. We will have out ups and downs, and fall offs (or maybe not) but this app/site is great. There are great people on here that are very supportive.

When you think about reaching for that vice, whatever it may be... think about the long run. I know that if I eat that cupcake, I just won't feel good afterwards, almost instantly. So after many failed attempts, I've finally been able to say NO. It's not different than addiction. The craving only lasts about 5-10 minutes, then it goes away. Control it.

One love folks! xo