Alone and wants some Friends/support.

Options
Hello,

I am a 36 year old female that is at the end of a major life change. I quit smoking (4 months 10 days ago) and am now back in school full time working part time. I would love some support and to see other people on this board. I gained 40lbs when I quit smoking (It started a few months before I turned 36 but didn't show up for a few months). Good start but would love to see others diet and progress too.:drinker:

Replies

• Binxette
    Binxette Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations! Quitting smoking is tough stuff, and a great way to kickstart a healthy life change! :)

I'm 23 and have 100 pounds to lose. I would say I'm lucky that I never took to drinking and smoking, but I just ate food instead, so I've got a lot more to lose so that's not really too "lucky." We all have something I guess! I started working out two weeks ago and just joined the board today. I'm already feeling discouraged with myself...like, when can I see results? These workouts are hard! How long will it take? Aaah! But I just remind myself that it takes time to make it a habit and see change.

You have my friendship and support! You can do it! :)
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quieting smoking, you should be proud of yourself. I dipped for most of my adult life, I stopped over 6 yrs ago and have put on 30lbs. I am quickly approaching 50 so I need to drop the 30lbs I gained. If you are looking for a friend for support send me a friend request I would be happy to share encouragement and the challenges of this journey.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can all add me if you like :)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me , I am newly 50 and I am on here every day!