Elliptical

Options
For those of you that own an elliptical, what are your recommendations??? I would LOVE to get one (just have a treadmill now). I would prefer to be in the $500-700 range....but don't want a piece of crap either.

Replies

• slegris
    Options
    I have a reebok, but i spent $1200 on it - it has been awesome! you have to be careful in the 500-700 price range. there is a lot available but it tends not to be of commercial quality which is what you want so you can use it everyday without falling apart.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00623955000P?i_cntr=1285706703846&intcmp=xsite_FitOrbit

I love love love my Elliptical it folds up for easy storage, great on the knees and comes with 8 different workouts already program in the machine plus you can buy I-fit cards which i own 3 of and they are amazing workouts... I had own 3 ellipticals before this one and kept getting rid of them cause they would hurt my knees or wouldn't feel like it was a good workout!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a Nordic Track also. Mine was about $1300. But it comes with a service plan. I would for sure go for quality when you get one. May cost more but it is worth it. I would either go for a nordic track or if you need to stay in a lower price range get a proform one.
  • cbrunt
    Options
    It is the best workout! We got one around Xmas time and got a $999 for $699 at Sears. It's a space-saver style from Horizon and it's awesome! Spend the money and get a nice one or you won't use it! :)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot w/ the "original" price... say $1000, then on sale for $700... So I guess I'm looking for that, when it comes to prices... I want the "sale" price :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Mine are only 200 usually, and yea you have to usually be of short stature and they do squeak and make noises but mine works fine for me. Good luck! Sure you can find a good one for that price.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    cbrunt - What model is yours? I do like the Horizon equipment - that's what my treadmill is & I love it!

I know I don't want a cheapy one. My mom had one at one point, and it sucked... especially after using gym ones (but I'm not spending that kind of dough!).
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Mine is a Proform (can't remember the model) but I got it about 4 years ago at Sports Authority for $700 on sale. I bought a cheap one from Walmart first. It took my boyfriend hours to put it together. It was rickety and cheap feeling so I took it back. Went to Sports Authority, bought one for about $500 on sale. Took my BF several hours to put that one together. It was definitely better than the first one but I didn't like the way it looked. Know that sounds stupid but it's like food presentation. If it looks good and pretty on the plate, it's more appetizing. It didn't "look" appealing to me so I didn't want to get on it. So 2 days later, I took that one back and got the Proform and have loved it ever since. (By then my BF wasn't too happy with me. :explode:) Other than replacing the batteries, I have never had a problem and I used it 5 days a week for the first year I owned it and lots in between. Definitely worth paying a little more.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I have a Healthsmart elliptical that i paid about $450 brand new (floor model)
    10 different workouts, measures heart rate, all that stuff.
    I've had it since February 2008 and had zero problems with it, even after two moves. (including a 30-day stint in a storage unit)
    love it! use it OFTEN.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a Gold's Gym elliptical, but often times it squeaks when I use it so I have to wear headphones. I am not sure if this is a result of my putting it together or if it is a result of the quality. Nonetheless, I have had it for a little over a year, and I use it quite frequently with no other problems.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    bought one that could support my weight, but find I go to the Gym to uses thiers, as they are heavy duty and much better.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I also have a Nordic Trac and it's super. My husband is a big guy (tall as well as wide) and it is rated to support his weight, which is a lot higher than mine. We've had no problems with it at all. I don't use it much when the weather is nice because it's more fun to get outside but it will get a workout all winter.
  • jr3352
    Options
    I bought the costco epic one for about 700, and have been happy with it.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I have a Healthsmart elliptical that i paid about $450 brand new (floor model)
    10 different workouts, measures heart rate, all that stuff.
    I've had it since February 2008 and had zero problems with it, even after two moves. (including a 30-day stint in a storage unit)
    love it! use it OFTEN.

I'm sorry after getting on this morning i realize it is not a HealthSMART it's a HealthRIDER....
    sorryyyy...... you'd think i've seen it enough times i'd remember.