Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help from UK members

motivatedmartha
motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
Has anyone got a ceramic frying pan - if so how do you get on with it? My trusty non stick pan (must be 25yrs old) is getting beyond a joke and was thinking of replacing it with one of the new ceramic ones. Opinions from those who have some experience of using one welcomed.

Replies

• Semt3x
    Semt3x Posts: 23
    I got a cheap set from tesco,
    you know what? theyre pretty good.
  • motivatedmartha
    Thanks for that - need good non stick :)
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    I'm in the US, but we have them here as well. I bought one a while back and it was okay for sautéing, but I found it impossible to fry an egg in.
  • motivatedmartha
    Thanks - that's useful to know :)
  • carolsteele45
    carolsteele45 Posts: 43 Member
    I had a set around 35 years ago - but I much preferred the Teflon coated frying pan for frying stuff in. Very heavy as well. I would think they have improved a lot though in the past 35 years (but then again, so have good Teflon coated stuff).
    Sorry, that isn't much help to you :(
  • motivatedmartha
    Thanks Carol -wrists no longer can cope with very heavy pots - had to lose Le Creuset a few years back :(
  • becksxxx70
    becksxxx70 Posts: 234 Member
    Has anyone got a ceramic frying pan - if so how do you get on with it? My trusty non stick pan (must be 25yrs old) is getting beyond a joke and was thinking of replacing it with one of the new ceramic ones. Opinions from those who have some experience of using one welcomed.
    I was recently having this dilemma myself and the reviews online are so mixed!!!
    I looked at the one advertised on TV which Asda are selling and decided against that one due to the reviews.
    Instead I went for the Kuhn Rikon 28cm pan........Sainsbury's sell them but it's cheaper on Amazon....I got it for £28 delivered.
    They stress to follow the instructions......use a little fat, not none (even tho the advert says that!!), use a lower temperature and hand wash.
    So far it has been great.......not sticking at all and really easy to clean so very happy up to now.

Oh, and eggs no problem at all......
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    I have got a "green pan" brand ceramic frying pan, wok and small milk pan. Absolutely brilliant, can't recommend them highly enough! They sell them in Debenhams and other big department stores. Hope you find what you are looking for!