Summer Challenge! - For a burst of Motviation

Options

Replies

• Cmatamoros
    Cmatamoros Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you all in this challenge! My sister is getting married in July and I want to feel comfortable and look good in my bridesmaid dress (pictures...so many pictures). My MFP starting weight was 235 (although I know I was around 250 this time last year). My ultimate goal weight is 160. Current weight is 214. I want to be in "onederland" by the wedding. Would love motivation on this journey and to encourage others to meet their goals!

Bridesmaid dresses are the current bane of my existence!! Granted the weddings aren't til 2015 but we have started shopping for them and I am not pleased with the way any of them look.

Oh ladies you must share about the bridesmaid dresses I havne't even started looking at those yet. I just got the wedding dress this week. I hope I'm not too far behind because our tentative date is August 31st!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great incentive, wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses, Im sure you're all going to look beautiful, I hope you post some pics.
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you all in this challenge! My sister is getting married in July and I want to feel comfortable and look good in my bridesmaid dress (pictures...so many pictures). My MFP starting weight was 235 (although I know I was around 250 this time last year). My ultimate goal weight is 160. Current weight is 214. I want to be in "onederland" by the wedding. Would love motivation on this journey and to encourage others to meet their goals!

Bridesmaid dresses are the current bane of my existence!! Granted the weddings aren't til 2015 but we have started shopping for them and I am not pleased with the way any of them look.

Oh ladies you must share about the bridesmaid dresses I havne't even started looking at those yet. I just got the wedding dress this week. I hope I'm not too far behind because our tentative date is August 31st!

I don't know what your budget is but I tried on the Amsale and Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dresses which you can see at a Nordstroms Bridal Boutique and I love them. As a 23 year old I was surprised by how dowdy the short dresses looked and I am pleased that my brides are going for long dresses (formal weddings). I am also surprised how flattering the long dresses were considering I am only 5 ft!

Hopefully by the time the two brides pick dresses for me I will be smaller! Both brides have appointments at Kleinfields for their dresses in May, I am excited to see the place!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    Week 1 of the Summer Challenge is coming to an end. How's everyone doing?

I had a really horrible day at work today, instead of turning to my typical stress eating, I managed to have a great lunch with some work ladies. Full of laughter. We ate vegetarian, and I really made my way through it! At dinner with my boyfriend I ordered my favorite dessert adn then watched him eat it lol. I did take one spoonfull, and added it into the calories. I think I had a great week. Where there could have been horrible calorie days I successfully made it through just a few over! :)

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of you are doing!
  • LastLily
    LastLily Posts: 5
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • Jenniferckadell
    Jenniferckadell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    well I didn't do that great this week, with being sick, starting a new job and all the kids home. I need to find a routine. Working from home I don't seem to eat a actual meal until 2:30... anyone else work from home for someone else and have ideas. I am way more buisier than Thought I would be, and I screen share so they are watching and I want them to see me doing a good job :)
  • amw5471
    Options
    I'm down 1.2 lbs which is fine with me, anything is a loss! I actually had a rough week eating wise, I was hungry NON STOP and then I've been sick all weekend. Took yesterday off from the gym and hit it with a vengeance again today. Hoping to continue with the success!
  • eperk07
    eperk07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel like this week was rough for me too. When I prep all of my meals I do really well but it was one of those weeks when I ate out to eat on multiple occasions with different groups of friends. Thankfully this week I have no eating out plans so I hope to do better! I did get all my workouts in so that's a positive!
  • Loreigh
    Loreigh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join this group. Overall I have 55 lbs to lose, but just plan to set weight loss goals a few lbs at a time. I need to do this to improve my health as I have high blood pressure and borderline high cholesterol. Here are my stats:

CW: 214
    GW: 160
    HT: 5'7"
    47 yrs old

We also have some fun events this year. My oldest daughter graduates from high school in May, we have a wedding to attend this summer, and possibly a trip to Vegas this winter. I'm kicking myself for not sticking with this at the beginning of the year, but here I am now. I know from past weight loss experience, planning my meals in advance really helps. And now that I'm older, I know I will have to focus more on exercise. I typically weigh in on Friday mornings. Hoping for a 2 lb loss this week. Good luck everyone :smile:
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    well I didn't do that great this week, with being sick, starting a new job and all the kids home. I need to find a routine. Working from home I don't seem to eat a actual meal until 2:30... anyone else work from home for someone else and have ideas. I am way more buisier than Thought I would be, and I screen share so they are watching and I want them to see me doing a good job :)

OH yes snacks! Make it several little meals instead of a big one at 2:30 when you're starving. So I keep fruit cups in my cabinet at work. They are $3 for 4-6 depending on the one you get. Thats a good 4 days worth, well I have one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I also keep plain cheerios at hand as they have good fiber. :) Nuts are good to have just one handful. Plus I like my black olives for my natural olive oil. So basically think healthy snacks. Then keep them within arms reach (maybe hidden from children). Then when you wake eat one (I also buy gerber oatmeals, they are healthier then those packets you get of Quacker oats, theirs no sugars, they sweeten it with apple juice. It's low cal (100cals) and cheap $.89! Eat one for breakfast, then 2-3 hours later have your first snack. Then you can have your big meal at 2:30 and lightly snack through the remainder of the day. ;)

Hope that helps!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    I would love to join!

Come on in, we welcome anyone wanting to lose weight! :) Or get healthy!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I really feel that the first couple weeks of the weight loss journey are always the toughest. So way to go on pushing through! :)

I lost 9lbs, but that was my very first week, I'd love to drop weight that fast, it's typically the diet change not just eating whatever and more water that causes that first drop. I expect 1-2lbs each week going forward, but really am hoping for maybe a second week of 4lb drop hehe...it'd be a nice kickstart for sure!

I had a tough time when we went out to eat a couple days I was 100-200 cals over, but all in all doing decently. Hoping this week will be under everyday!!!
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I want to join but I don't know how. I am new to these challenges. I Want to do it !!!!
  • schivis
    schivis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! My goal is to lose 52 lbs by the 1st week of August 2014 (for a family reunion)! I'm new to these boards so will need help finding it again tomorrow.

My starting weight is 212 and my goal weight is 160.
  • pewiens
    pewiens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've never posted before on MFP but I need help and motivation! I'm in a wedding at the end of July and I want to look great! I know what to do to lose weight and how to exercise but I don't follow through or I go in spurts. I'm a HUGE emotional eater and make excuse like "life got in the way". I'm frustrated with myself but know I CAN do this! Any help is appreciated!
  • amw5471
    Options
    Guys just post to "join" because right now it is just a thread to keep track and keep motivating!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    Guys just post to "join" because right now it is just a thread to keep track and keep motivating!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Ladies if it would be easier for all. I know it would for me. lol. I do have a Group I started a year ago that wasn't really used. I have just updated it. We can start to migrate over there, so we don't have to "scroll" through the message boards.

Whatever you feel is easier. The group name is: The Ultimate LOSErs Summer Challenge

I'll create A summer challenge topic in there as well.

Way to go ladies you're all doing super!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    I've invited you all to the Ultimate Losers group and there is a summer challenge under there. :)

I'll of course keep checking on this, incase new people want to continue to join us. :)

Have a great Tuesday!
  • Cmatamoros
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to make sure that anyone still interested can just hit me up and I'll invite you to the group area where we're working on our summer challenge.

I hope you are all doing great!
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would love to join - add me please :)