I completely failed!

Options
Took a quiz about calorie splurges. Boy! Do I still have a lot to learn! Try it for yourself here:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/03/low-calorie-splurge/

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I got 7/10 correct...not too shabby
  • tater8589
    Options
    Hmm.. maybe its just my computer, but it won't come up. I'll try again when I get home.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    8 correct!!
  • HOPEful27
    Options
    I got 9/10 correct, I learned a long time ago that Pop Tarts were the devil :devil:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I got 6/10. My only problem with that quiz is that so many of those answers could change depending on what brand you buy. (I realize the quiz was brand-specific, targeting the brands people are most likely to buy.)

In general though... yuck. Just looking at all that made me feel icky. I'm by no means perfect, but I wouldn't splurge on most of that stuff after everything I've learned and the changes I've made to my eating habits. So many healthier options out there that are quite delicious!! :drinker:

For example - Homemade pizza made with a wrap instead of regular crust, a home-made burger is usually better than fast-food (and a turkey burger's even better!), home-made frozen smoothies (coffee-based or otherwise) are delicious! Why splurge on the stuff in the quiz when you can make at-home versions that are healthier and just as good. :smile:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    THANKS THAT WAS INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT I KNOW! Got 8 OUT OF 10. I missed on two things that I never ever drink/eat so not too bad at all for me. BUT I too STILL have a lot to learn! I don't think you ever stop learning when it comes to this stuff!:grumble:
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Accountant_boi, I love that your comments always come with suggestions! :happy: Thanks!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got 9/10 - but I have to admit that several of those were just good guesses!!! ;-)
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I got half right/half wrong 5/10 .. I should have knows better about the Pop Tarts, but had no idea about the Rice Krispy treats. :blushing:
  • GetBackontrack
    Options
    I failed too..5 out of 10. I don't eat sweets much, even before i started the program except for Rice Krispy Treats. Since they aren't as bad as pop tarts, I may have to stray with a special treat. :tongue:

Just kidding, no crispy treats for me. gotta go workout now that i am thinking about cookies and pizza.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I got 7 out of 10. It made me hungry:) Some things are not worth the calories to me, like an Oreo, I don't particularly like them. And coffee drinks I love but I don't want to waste money so I make my own, half coffee and half skim with two tablespoons of caramel syrup isn't too bad calorie-wise for a snack. And really, the calorie difference between prezels and Doritos is 35 calories so if I want Doritos, I'll eat Doritos.
    What did make me laugh was the "serving size" for Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt- 1/4 CUP?! really?! that is laughable, that is like, 4 tablespoons.
  • asallen7
    Options
    8/10 for me. :-)
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Being non-American I can honestly say I have never heard of half of these foods! I thought someone was making them up... I still got 7/10 though :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I got 5 out of 10. I completely guessed on most of those! I have to say I'm actually pretty proud of that. I read the labels of things I eat, most of those things are completely off my radar. EXCEPT rice crispy treats and OREOS, two weaknesses.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I got 7 out of 10. It made me hungry:) Some things are not worth the calories to me, like an Oreo, I don't particularly like them. And coffee drinks I love but I don't want to waste money so I make my own, half coffee and half skim with two tablespoons of caramel syrup isn't too bad calorie-wise for a snack. And really, the calorie difference between prezels and Doritos is 35 calories so if I want Doritos, I'll eat Doritos.
    What did make me laugh was the "serving size" for Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt- 1/4 CUP?! really?! that is laughable, that is like, 4 tablespoons.
    That reminds me one day my daughter and I saw Ben & Jerry's was on sale for $1 and showed the picture of what looked like a reg. tub of ice cream when we finally found it it was like a mini size. We were laughing at that! It was like Elf Food!! :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have seen those itty-bitty tubs of ice cream, I guess that is one way to control your portion sizes, thanks B&J!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I failed too - :laugh: I only got 4 right. But I don't eat out much, and don't buy most those products. It was pleasant to learn Oreo's weren't the devil though !!! Here's to continued learning about food for thought !:drinker: (The stuff behind my name takes you to the Losing 100 pounds or more Forum)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    6/10 right. Not too bad.
  • Luckie712
    Options
    I failed too! 5/10 Luckily, I don't eat most of those things. However, one of the things I got wrong is the Starbucks Frappuccino which I love and adore during the summer. Now I can get my Grande, Non-Fat, No Whip Mocha Frap knowing it's at least better than Dunkin's version! lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I got 5 right and 5 wrong, lol