Late Introduction!

DjBliss05
DjBliss05 Posts: 682
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I've been on the site for a few weeks now, but never introduced myself.

I really am enjoying the support I am getting from the site. It helps me be realistic about the food I am putting into my body and what the result of that would be. I like seeing the numbers of calories I am taking in, burning off, and what I should be losing. So far, I have lost about 2 pounds and had a few bumps in the road, but I think I am on my way to making a real change.

I have been overweight since puberty. My mother encouraged me to join every diet program ever invented during my teen years. I even lost 30 lbs on one - and probably gained back 60. I reached my highest weight of 270 right before my senior prom. Those pictures make me want to cry when I look back now. After high school, I managed to lose about 20 lbs before I left to college after many long hours in the gym. By junior year of college, I dropped to 210 and felt fantastic. Due to some stressful events in my life, I gained some back and have rested comfortably at about 230 for a few years now.

All of these changes made my relationship with food very difficult. I was ashamed of my eatting, I binged, and I ate emotionally. I still fall back on those things at times, but as an adult I have learned to deal with some of the issues leading to these problems. I am at a time in my life where things have settled down and I am happily looking forward to beginning my life with my boyfriend of over a year. I have made the decision to confront the one challenge I have never been able to really conquer and follow my dreams of becoming a thin person.

I know this site is a step in the right direction for me and I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    I've been on the site for a few weeks now, but never introduced myself.

I really am enjoying the support I am getting from the site. It helps me be realistic about the food I am putting into my body and what the result of that would be. I like seeing the numbers of calories I am taking in, burning off, and what I should be losing. So far, I have lost about 2 pounds and had a few bumps in the road, but I think I am on my way to making a real change.

I have been overweight since puberty. My mother encouraged me to join every diet program ever invented during my teen years. I even lost 30 lbs on one - and probably gained back 60. I reached my highest weight of 270 right before my senior prom. Those pictures make me want to cry when I look back now. After high school, I managed to lose about 20 lbs before I left to college after many long hours in the gym. By junior year of college, I dropped to 210 and felt fantastic. Due to some stressful events in my life, I gained some back and have rested comfortably at about 230 for a few years now.

All of these changes made my relationship with food very difficult. I was ashamed of my eatting, I binged, and I ate emotionally. I still fall back on those things at times, but as an adult I have learned to deal with some of the issues leading to these problems. I am at a time in my life where things have settled down and I am happily looking forward to beginning my life with my boyfriend of over a year. I have made the decision to confront the one challenge I have never been able to really conquer and follow my dreams of becoming a thin person.

I know this site is a step in the right direction for me and I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to the site. We are glad to have you here.

:flowerforyou:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    welcome...:flowerforyou:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    welcome...:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.