FYI about Applebee's

Options
I went to lunch today with a friend for lunch for her birthday(Her choice, not mine). I ordered a salad w/dressing on the side, the whole time thinking I would look up the food when I got home and log and make adjustments in my day for calories, etc. EXCEPT......
Applebee's does not post their nutritional info(they do for their new weight watchers line only):grumble:
WHAT????? Even MacDonald's lets the public know how crappy their food is nutritionally.
I am less than pleased, since then I have learned that several other chains do not provide this info as well. Lesson learned I guess.:ohwell:
ARGH!!!! Applebee's is the calorie devil!!!:explode:

Replies

• mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I went to lunch today with a friend for lunch for her birthday(Her choice, not mine). I ordered a salad w/dressing on the side, the whole time thinking I would look up the food when I got home and log and make adjustments in my day for calories, etc. EXCEPT......
    Applebee's does not post their nutritional info(they do for their new weight watchers line only):grumble:
    WHAT????? Even MacDonald's lets the public know how crappy their food is nutritionally.
    I am less than pleased, since then I have learned that several other chains do not provide this info as well. Lesson learned I guess.:ohwell:
    ARGH!!!! Applebee's is the calorie devil!!!:explode:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    maybe this might work? if not.. me sorry!

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-fast-food-chains-restaurants_c-Y2lkPTIxJmJpZD0zOCZzaWQ9LTEmcGFyPQ.html

might have to copy past it in two parts.. won't let it put the whole thing..
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    The reason you are less likely to find the nutritional values for any major resturaunt is due to the fluctuation in vendors. Many articles from these chains, have said that due to the difference in their vendors they would not be able to give accurate information, and therefore due not post them. Which completely sucks...:mad:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    go to dwlz.com almost all resturaunts are there... they also have the weight watchers meals at applebeess.. fyi most salads at most restuautns are the most fattning thing on the menu... I am a waitess at olgas now and yeah they are bad.. I used to work at papa vinos and their salad was even worse. stick to a plain burger your better off.:P good luck
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened when I tried to look up nutritional info from California Pizza Kitchen. It's now off my "dining destination" list. If they don't provide me information, I can no longer provide them with my money!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened when I tried to look up nutritional info from California Pizza Kitchen. It's now off my "dining destination" list. If they don't provide me information, I can no longer provide them with my money!

this is also on dwlz.com.. it gives all resturaunts in most states.. a few dont have it but california pizza is one on there its a huge help
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You could probably get that info (or an estimate) by calling the restaurant. But personally, I'd just count it as a cheat and move on
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    I didn't realize that they didn't have to provide it...I believe here in Canada all restaurants etc. need to provide nutritional info. I have been taking that for granted I guess.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    lol....here in Italy they are still not required to list everything on the labels....the stuff you buy in the grocery store!!! I have to sometimes use what's in the database and make a similar educated guess. Lots of work sometimes, but better than nothing. I would look up all the info on what was in the salad and you can probably get pretty close to what it was.
  • mkeithley
    Options
    Thanks for the posts MF Pal-er's. II checked the 2 websites suggested, neither had the particular salad I ate. did try to call the rest., no go on getting info. I also emailed Applebee's.I'm sure I'll get a polite email telling me to try their weight watcher's meals, and "due to variation of vendors it would be difficult for Applebee's to provide nutritional information for all of our individual locations"(B.S.-they provide it for their weight watcher's meals). I just tries to calculate everything in the salad individually to log, the dressing was on the side and I used it sparingly so I just logged what I thought was the most fattening just to be on the safe side:tongue:
    From now on however I won't give them or any other eating establishment that doesn't provide nutritional content. IMO-That is ridiculous!
    Thanks again for your posts and allowing me to vent:grumble: :bigsmile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah - last time I had something I think I googles "Applebees calorie count" or something like that and came up with some. I had to dig though. I was looking for their Southwest Philly Cheesesteak - 1200+ calories!! :noway: When I finally found it - Applebees won't release the info. Never had that again!!

http://www.calorie-count.com/tag/food/applebees
    This link had some - including some salads. Good luck!
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    My mom is a manager at Applebees and gets yelled at about this all the time... she asked the higher ups about it and they say they can't provide that info due to differences between stores and the fact that their menu changes so often. I know it sucks, and I very rarely eat there anymore because of this... but please don't yell at the servers/store managers they really don't have any control over it!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really ever get at applebees is the spinach artichoke dip (yay half priced appetizers)... I kind of don't want to know the nutritional value either. Let me just think its healthy! Please! :laugh:

Darn it... why did I look. :sad:
    the artichoke/spinach dip is 905 calories, with 3000mg of sodium. Sigh. :grumble:
  • jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    Options
    check out www.dietfacts.com, it seems to have Applebee's complete menu listed.
  • mkeithley
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know I should let this go, it is just so ridiculous. And for the record, I haven't yelled at anyone who works for the Applebee's corporation :happy: This is a decision made by upper management at a corporate level, which IMO is irresponsible(but who am i , just some lowly peon that spent $12 on lunch:smile: ). As I predicted here is my lame response back from them. My response to their response is big fat WHATEV!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent:grumble: AGAIN :bigsmile:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We've forwarded your comments to our Menu Development team. We're always looking for new ways to provide great guest service, and comments like yours help us to do that. We appreciate your concern about the availability of nutritional information and want to make sure that your voice is heard. Thanks again. Sincerely, A. L.Guest Relations Coordinator IICase # 753300"