Stupid Breast Cancer Awareness Game on Facebook

Options
2»

Replies

• shinymama
    Options
    Thanks! I'm ok, it was caught early and all that. I'm good :)

I know the no makeup selfie raises money but who gets that money? Don't get me started on the Susan G Komen pink ribbon crap! Awareness is one thing but how about funding research so the women who have stage 4 metastasis have some hope?

edit: What I have learned is no one can truly understand how all of this affects them until they actually have to go through it themselves.
  • garycarter127648
    Options
    The point of the no make up selfie is to show that in the time it takes to put on make up a woman can check her breasts yet putting on make up seems to be a priority! Can't believe I joined this just to post that, if you don't like something on Facebook don't whine like a baby, simply choose the I don't want to see this option, simple as! Ffs
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The point of the no make up selfie is to show that in the time it takes to put on make up a woman can check her breasts yet putting on make up seems to be a priority! Can't believe I joined this just to post that, if you don't like something on Facebook don't whine like a baby, simply choose the I don't want to see this option, simple as! Ffs

Strong first post, Gary. If you see something you don't like on MFP, don't revive a zombie thread, simply choose the back button. :laugh: Welcome to MFP!
  • HelenaHanbasket
    Options
    The blog that the link is posted to below really says it all. I post in on my timeline every time I see it getting stupid out there with a new "game", or some poor schmuck messages me with a prompt to join in. I'm not nice about it either. Stop the idiotic games and DO SOMETHING TO REALLY HELP!!!!

http://cgwardphotography.blogspot.com/2011/08/regarding-facebook-breast-cancer.html
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread OP. I received this last night. I responded to my friend that I could not see how it raised awareness of anything other than of the viral nature of nonsense.

I am glad that trusty MFP already concurred with my response.
  • anitastotts
    Options
    This is the most ridiculous prank I have ever heard. Yes, it made you pay attention alright, but the wrong kind of attention. This stupid prank caused a rift between mother and daughter over a public announcement of a pregnancy that doesn't even exist. Who came up with this idiotic idea. I am more aware of Breast Cancer now, but less likely to donate to a cause that can't come up with a better campaign than this.