Heart Rate Monitor Help!

Options
I'm doing P90X I am on Day 9. My HRM was great the first week, and lately it keeps stopping during my workout and not correctly detecting my heart rate. Today during the PlyoX work out it was driving me nuts because my heart rate would be going like crazy and it wasn't detecting it. I think part of the problem is that I'm sweating so much and the chest strap keeps moving around. When it's in the right place, it's perfect, but it just doesn't stay there. Any suggestions on how to keep it in place?? I've tried tucking it under my sports bra, and it helped a little... but not much.

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My strap stays good. Maybe tighten it more? Lately, I've been putting the majority under my sports bra (just to get it out of the way maybe?). I noticed yesterday when I lifted it up a tiny bit to itch, it beeped at me! So I guess just tighten it up...see if that helps.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    completely unrelated but the picture of your cat is amazing.... he/she looks just like my cat!! My cat even sits like that!!!! how funny!!!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I agree about tightening it. I've noticed twice (doing Bob Harper's Yoga dvd and today doing his Strength dvd) that if I'm bent over it is far more likely to stop recording. I tightened it today and it did better, but I guess it needs to be even tighter.
  • sarahsmiles_04
    Options
    How is P90X working for you? My husband has the DVDs and says he likes the workouts but he doesn't have any weight to lose, he just uses them to get regular exercise. Have you noticed good weight loss with the workouts?
  • H_82
    Options
    completely unrelated but the picture of your cat is amazing.... he/she looks just like my cat!! My cat even sits like that!!!! how funny!!!
    That's my BIG baby boy. He's such a lover - must be by me all the time, and keeps my lap both full & warm! Last time I weighed him, he was 23lbs.... I say he's just big boned ;)
  • Rappla88
    Options
    Thanks for the advice... I'll try tightening it more... I tightened it quite a bit, but I think it stretches as soon as I start sweating and moving. I'll keep adjusting and see if I can get it right with my workout today. Today is Shoulders and Arms so I won' be bouncing around too much and/or moving in all sorts of crazy yoga positions. I'll see how it works out for me. I'm trying to be extra careful with my calories and make sure I'm eating the correct amount compared to what I've been burning in my workout. I'm trying to stay around 1300-1400 and last week I was burning almost 500-600 calories depending on the work out. So I feel like it's really important to know exactly how much I'm burning. I don't want to come in too far under my calories and risk being in starvation mode! Ok enough rambling... thanks everyone have a great day!!!
  • Rappla88
    Options
    How is P90X working for you? My husband has the DVDs and says he likes the workouts but he doesn't have any weight to lose, he just uses them to get regular exercise. Have you noticed good weight loss with the workouts?

I love it!!! I was really nervous at first because I didn't think I'd be able to do it and I wasn't too sure if I even wanted to, but my husband REALLY wanted me to do it with him.... and after the first day I was hooked!! I"m loving it!! I think I'm more excited about it than he is!! We have been following the diet correctly and having a recovery drink after most of the work outs and so far so good. I was a skeptic about the recovery drink but it REALLY does help with the soreness and the drained feeling after the workout. We didn't get the beach body one, we picked one up at GNC just to try it and see if it works, and it does! I thnk we're going to do a web search to see if we can't find a bigger package and or a cheaper price than GNC. So far I've lost 1.8 pounds in 2 weeks, so it really does work!!!!
  • Rappla88
    Options
    That's my BIG baby boy. He's such a lover - must be by me all the time, and keeps my lap both full & warm! Last time I weighed him, he was 23lbs.... I say he's just big boned ;)

Wow he's a big boy!!! Mine just weighed in at 12.4 and the Vet told his she is too fat!! Mine is quite a little princess, and she likes my husband better than me!!
  • H_82
    Options

Wow he's a big boy!!! Mine just weighed in at 12.4 and the Vet told his she is too fat!! Mine is quite a little princess, and she likes my husband better than me!!
    Oh, yes... mine is WAY overweight too (although, he's quite tall, haha). He's on special food tho for his urinary issues (had stones once before & was expensive to correct!). So it's the food that makes him fat. And I have 2 cats, so it's hard to "ration" their portions. Oh well, he's just more to love. :)