been undereating for so long and scared to up my calories?

Options
So seven months ago I decided to go on a diet and ate around 1100 calories to 1200 calories a day.everything was okay
In the beginning and I was loosing 1.5 to 2 pounds every week i felt okay. Around January things started changing I felt like crap, lost my period but still lost four pounds. This month i have hit a plateu and lost only about a pound .I did some research and figured out my body is gone thru a starvation mode and I need to eat MORE im five pounds away from my goal weight and want to achive this by June 1 . This week I decided Im gonna eat 1500 calories a day but Im so scared of gaining weight back !!! I mean I will still excersise about 40 minutes by doing some jillian micheals but i dont want to gain the weight I have lost back again I mean I have worked so damn HARD!! I want to reboot my metabolism again . Do you think I will gain any weight eating 1500 calories cuz my metabolism is protecting my body for a femine?! Ugh btw im 5'6 ft tal and currently weight 122.5 poundd I want to get down to 115 because of my frame.

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    How did you decide that 115 pounds is right for your frame? I'm 5'5 and the only time I was 110-120lbs in my life was when I had a raging eating disorder.

I think deep down you know the answer here. You feel horrible, you aren't getting your periods...you are, in fact, starving. Maybe you should toss out the arbitrary goal and find a number where you feel good. You need to consider your health here, not weight loss.
  • One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think 115 is unrealistic depending on her frame and what her fitness goals are. I'm 5'5" as well, currently 113, and could probably stand to lose about 3-4 lbs of fat, but I would gladly replace that with muscle. That said, I have a very small frame, and still have love handles and a bit of belly pooch. I think each person is different. It's not fair to suggest that someone of that height couldn't be 110-120 without an ED.

It does sound like the op has not been getting proper nutrition, and focussing on upping calories slowly might be a fair approach in the beginning. Eating more, especially healthy fats and lean protein would be a good place to start.

Perhaps a visit to a nutritionist would help. I also just got a fitbit, so have a better understanding of my rough TDEE, which makes eating more a bit easier when you can monitor (approximately) calories in vs. calories out.
  • GlitterAway101
    Options
    Exactly my point I dont have an Ed but i have a belly pooch that I can get rid of. Im plannig to eat 1600 calories and not excersise for like a week to get my body stable again.