Women 5'0-5'3 with real results!

Options
2»

Replies

• 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My body fat is around 20% at the moment, down from 32% 6 months ago. I'm just following the program from my PT 5 days a week, heavy dumbells, compound exercises and fast cardio intervals for 60minutes (the exercises and intervals change regularly to stop me getting bored and stop my body getting used to it - plus I think he likes to see if he can make me crack and give up) and doing a separate 30-40 minute ab program 3-4 times per week. I tend to base it around the same basic crunches, leg raises, v sits and plank/side planks but also throw in lots of different variations as well to keep it interesting.
    I also think I'm just genetically lucky, my mid section tends to be the last place I put weight on and the first place it goes from.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    @1971MLJ:

Wow you look great and you've worked for it!!

Bodies are so funny. My stats both before and after are very similar to yours. But I was much larger at the beginning than you-even though I started at 5'2.5" and 156 lbs. I was probably a size 16 and you look like a size 10 or 12 in your before picture. And now I am 126 lbs and I am not nearly as slim through the tummy although I am a size 4 now. I think it is body fat/muscle. I am probably 30% fat. Plus frame size and shape. I put my weight on in the abs, while my legs and arms stay slim. And I think my butt will disappear well before my gut!

You can look at my after pix on my profile to see what I mean.

Congrats!
  • Akasya13
    Akasya13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm so embarrassed of my before pictures. I've come a long way! I'm 5'2 and 120 pounds. I'm sure my beginning wait was close to 200, maybe 180s I can't remember.

2jfdri9.jpg
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i am 5'0.. started at 152lbs and now down to 124lbs :) want to lose 24 more pounds :) ..
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2.75", or I say I am 5'3".

Highest ever weight was 235lbs, while pregnant with my daughter. Starting weight when I made the conscience effort to lose weight was 215lbs! This picture is me at 215lbs!

2009_1228weddingcabin0017.jpg

Here is me at goal weight, 125lbs!

032.jpg

I have since lost another 9lbs, no pictures tho.
  • meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great thread!!!!
    I'm 5'2" and it's tough when others don't understand that on us 5lbs looks and feels like 10 or 20lbs.

Once upon a time I was 129lbs. Got married and had a baby, and started in the end of February at 169.8lbs and today I am down to 156.1!! =)
    I still have a long way to go but very excited this time around.

All you ladies look fabulous!!!
    OP you look amazing, congrats on your progress, great motivation.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Great thread!!!!
    I'm 5'2" and it's tough when others don't understand that on us 5lbs looks and feels like 10 or 20lbs.
    well said, so many just don't get that!!! 5 lbs on a short frame can mean a whole jean size up!
    that is why i like to surround myself with friends that are shorties on here, :)
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This thread is very motivating! I am 5'2. My current weight is 147 and I am trying to get down to 135.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @1971MLJ:

Wow you look great and you've worked for it!!

Bodies are so funny. My stats both before and after are very similar to yours. But I was much larger at the beginning than you-even though I started at 5'2.5" and 156 lbs. I was probably a size 16 and you look like a size 10 or 12 in your before picture. And now I am 126 lbs and I am not nearly as slim through the tummy although I am a size 4 now. I think it is body fat/muscle. I am probably 30% fat. Plus frame size and shape. I put my weight on in the abs, while my legs and arms stay slim. And I think my butt will disappear well before my gut!

You can look at my after pix on my profile to see what I mean.

Congrats!

Thanks, I'm only 6 months in so maintaining and improving is my goal now. I was a UK 10/12 and down now to about an 8. For the first time in my life I can look at my arms and legs and see them as normal size. Butt and legs are the last thing to go on me.
  • chenson16
    chenson16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 144. I would like to be more confident and have more energy. Thank you for your inspiring stories!!

Mini Goal Weight: 130
  • ewoolfz84
    ewoolfz84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just posted my own thread about my success. You're all incredibly inspiring!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238664-180-s-to-130-s-5-1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!