May be very stupid question: fat person strength

Options
2»

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Ride your bike now while you're still fat! When i started dropping weight, i still had the quads i built up pushing around a heavier me.

The speed at which you get fit is determined by the frequency, intensity and duration of your workouts.
    THIS. I kept my muscle from before the last leg of weight loss (until getting slapped with a temporary activity restriction by an MD - boohiss) and it's tons easier to keep it than to try getting it back.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think all your great answers are helping to clarify my question. If you have 2 sedentary people with equal levels of stamina and fitness levels, but one weighs 50lbs more than the other, does the one who weigh more also have stronger muscles because of the extra weight they're carrying around? (Honestly I'm not trying to get at anything, just curious.)

In my experience, yes. Imagine a smaller person carrying a 50 lb body vest on them 24/7.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think all your great answers are helping to clarify my question. If you have 2 sedentary people with equal levels of stamina and fitness levels, but one weighs 50lbs more than the other, does the one who weigh more also have stronger muscles because of the extra weight they're carrying around? (Honestly I'm not trying to get at anything, just curious.)

In my experience, yes. Imagine a smaller person carrying a 50 lb body vest on them 24/7.

I've seriously considered doing this. Where do I get a 50lb body vest?