On a Plateau? Don't Give Up!

dgroulx
dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
for over a month, my weight would hover around 215. A couple of pounds lost would be gained back the next week. During the week of gain, I would eat around 1,400 to 1,500 calories per day. On my week of lost weight, I would eat around 1,100 calories per day.

Something finally changed. Last week, I only gained 0.5 pounds. This was a sign of things to come. This week I've already lost 5 pounds (haven't logged it yet).

So, if you are on a plateau - don't worry. Your body is just adjusting to the new intake of calories. You will eventually come out of it. Just keep going and never, ever, give up hope. You WILL eventually lose the weight.

Replies

• seconded! i too have just finally beat my stupid month and a week plateau and lost two lbs since the last weigh in! :) never give up!
  • very encouraging.....i have been bouncing between the same 3 pounds forever it seems....i only eat 1200 calories as it is, i can go any lower than that.....im sure it will p[*kitten*..i just hope its soon than later.
  • Wow that's great. Tell me how you did it. I am at a plateau right now and sometimes I just want to quit.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Hello,

I also hit a plateau when I started. One week I would lose weight and then gain most of it back the following week.
    It's taken me 2 months to get over the plateau so don't give up!!! Believe me I felt like it at times but I never did and I'm glad I stuck it out.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    for over a month, my weight would hover around 215. A couple of pounds lost would be gained back the next week. During the week of gain, I would eat around 1,400 to 1,500 calories per day. On my week of lost weight, I would eat around 1,100 calories per day.

Something finally changed. Last week, I only gained 0.5 pounds. This was a sign of things to come. This week I've already lost 5 pounds (haven't logged it yet).

So, if you are on a plateau - don't worry. Your body is just adjusting to the new intake of calories. You will eventually come out of it. Just keep going and never, ever, give up hope. You WILL eventually lose the weight.

WTG! If you had just given up, you would never have discovered that!

Best wishes with your future weight loss :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.