what's your stack?

Options
I'm curious to know what the muscle gaining veterans are using in their supplement stacks. I'm relatively new to the lifting world, so I'm trying to learn from other people's successes!

So, what's your stack?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    gelato
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beef, and black beans. I stack them into a slow cooker and make chili.

Just eat food. Add protein shakes if you want -- they're cheap. "Stacking" is for advanced lifters and bodybuilders; it's a waste of money for everyone else.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Stack?! Naw man all I use is DAT CELL-TECH!!!!
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    DA THERE CELL-TECH! +1
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ive just started using DAA and Erase. Have used DAA before but never with Erase.
    I use Assault as a pre workout as well and protein powder just for easy liquid calories but nothing else. Nothing beats food. Most sups are junk.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I'll answer seriously :smile: But yeah, enough cals and protein first and foremost.

I use whey protein if I'm low on protein
    creatine
    fish oil
    magnesium

Eat, lift, sleep.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Like Tren, Test, and Dbol?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Gold standard protein powder
    oreo's
    ice cream
    pizza
    bacon.
  • joewtug1
    joewtug1 Posts: 10
    Options
    dat dere
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
    Creatine.
    Chocolate granola.
    Almond butter.

Often all at the same time.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Protein
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    BCAAs
    Fish Oil
    B vits
    Glucosamine
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    Pick your protein carefully. Most have soo many sugars in them as fillers your getting ripped off. Celltech is one of the worst culprits. Read the labels and find a protein that simple. Read the servings as well. Biggest advertisement bull**** is saying 60 grams a serving when each serving is 3 scoops. Lol. Don't buy into it.
    A simple multivitamin is good. Fish oil, vitamin C.
    If you start getting more heavy into lifting and your recovery is slow some L - glutamine would help. Unless you are going to start competing I really wouldn't worry about aminos.
    Calorie intake is where it's at. Healthy foods all day long. Eat eat eat
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    If you're a novice, you don't need a stack. Just a good amount of protein and a decent calorie surplus. Most supplements (with the exception of whey protein and creatine) attribute little to actual muscle and mass gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shane_tac1
    Options
    CellTech isnt a protein though. Its creatine and yeah it is overpriced. I think the sugar is added to cause an insulin spike to improve the absorption of the creatine.
    You can make your own celltech with creatine monohydrate powder and dextrose powder if you really wanted to use it.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Food.
    And synthagen.
    And karbolyn.
  • shane_tac1
    Options
    Protein
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    BCAAs
    Fish Oil
    B vits
    Glucosamine

Are you getting the creatine and beta alanine from a preworkout or buying them seperate? If a pre workout which one do you use please?
    I normally use assault but my body is getting used to assault so looking for some decent alternatives.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    CellTech isnt a protein though. Its creatine and yeah it is overpriced. I think the sugar is added to cause an insulin spike to improve the absorption of the creatine.
    You can make your own celltech with creatine monohydrate powder and dextrose powder if you really wanted to use it.
    Good call man. I got my Celltech and nitrotech confused.
  • shane_tac1
    Options
    Good call man. I got my Celltech and nitrotech confused.
    No worries. When I first started training I used to use EAS Phosphagen which was again just overpriced creatine.
    I think the sugar in the protein is again supposed to cause an insulin spike but I have read a number of studies that show that the sugar does absolutely nothing but give you a ton of empty calories.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Pick your protein carefully. Most have soo many sugars in them as fillers your getting ripped off. Celltech is one of the worst culprits. Read the labels and find a protein that simple. Read the servings as well. Biggest advertisement bull**** is saying 60 grams a serving when each serving is 3 scoops. Lol. Don't buy into it.
    A simple multivitamin is good. Fish oil, vitamin C.
    If you start getting more heavy into lifting and your recovery is slow some L - glutamine would help. Unless you are going to start competing I really wouldn't worry about aminos.
    Calorie intake is where it's at. Healthy foods all day long. Eat eat eat

Nooo not "cell-tech" but, "dat cell-tech", two totally different things.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Protein
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    BCAAs
    Fish Oil
    B vits
    Glucosamine

I really need to start taking glucosamine- think my body would be much happier.

are you taking one with chondrition or MSM (MSN- whatever the other one is) or just pure glucosamine?