Post ED, Finally a healthy lifestyle, Before & After Pics!

Options
Hello! This is my first post, so I'm a little nervous!

Ever since I can remember, I've been the 'fat friend' --nobody ever said it, but it was always something I noticed. Even though I wasn't super overweight, everyone around me was so much skinnier than I was. This lead to an eating disorder at a very young age that never lead me to lose weight, and instead just made me feel very unhealthy and obsessive all of the time. I compared myself to every girl I saw at school, or work, or just walking around outside.

I am 5'4" and in middle school and high school my weight was around 125-135. In college, I reached my highest at 160, but then maintained at around 150 from 22-25. After moving to New York last September and dealing with an ED for literally half my life, I decided it was time for an entire lifestyle change. I began eating much healthier, and at the beginning of this year I started eating mostly raw foods (I do still eat out with my friends and go drinking, though! I like to think I am rewarding myself for no longer cooking my foods at home!) I eat tons of raw veggies and salads and tofu and go to the gym 4-5 times a week. And it's paying off because I feel GREAT.

This is my first post, but I read the boards every day. It literally helps me get through days that are tough or I am feeling lazy, because almost every one I see is so supportive and helpful and kind. I'm going to start joining in on the fun hopefully and stop being so shy!

My current weight is 125! It feels amazing to be 35 pounds below my highest weight. I tried so long to lose weight, but was doing it the wrong way. I know there is no easy way or quick fix, and I am excited to continue to prove to myself that I can do this.

Wow! Sorry for writing so much! I'm posting the before and after progress pictures below, but want to quickly apologize for how silly I am in most of them! Thanks for reading, everyone :)))

BEFORE:

BWCq1BV.png

O2pAMen.png

aU5P5yN.png

gm9vjg9.png

AFTER:

FF2OcjW.png

Tftz64I.png

SekoXeb.png

Replies

• spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey! So, firstly big congrats on kicking that ED to the wayside. I know personally that is not a small feat and something on it's own to be very proud of. Secondly, you were beautiful before and certainly after, but it shows how happy you are now. You look amazing and ought to be very proud of your healthy changes and rocking body.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You look pretty amazing on the AFTER photos. No signs of shy and sillyness kind of person. Congratulations
  • chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great ! Congrats !
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well done. I am glad you worked on your ED and essentially overcame it. You are doing great.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Looking good! Well done to you! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!