what am I doing wrong

13»

Replies

• I'm a lil irritable but I am starting to feel a lil better guess my body is adjusting to the change in calories to make up for the lack of vitamins that I'm eating could anyone recommend a good multivitamin I'm already anemic so I have to have iron and I'm not really consuming any meat
  • RagingThespian
    RagingThespian Posts: 21 Member
    I just peeked at your diary. You are not eating nearly enough calories and are exercising off the ones you ARE eating. Very dangerous! No wonder you are irritable! Have you not seen the warnings that MFP gives you when you go under 1200 calories a day consumption? You are putting your body into starvation mode and it will do everything it can to hold onto the fat you have. You are going to lose muscle, bone density along with fat - if you lose at all.

Please listen to the advise that others are giving you. Eat the amount of calories that MFP gives you (based on the info you provided for height, weight, lifestyle and goal). You will lose weight!
  • I've did research on the whole starvation mode thing and I'm not worried about that myth, I'm getting better and more use to the change and seeing a scale change already thanks for the advice I alleviate the concern but my body will burn all this fat before it decides to take muscle I've researche it if I start to feel ill I will stop
  • chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    I just peeked at your diary. You are not eating nearly enough calories and are exercising off the ones you ARE eating. Very dangerous! No wonder you are irritable! Have you not seen the warnings that MFP gives you when you go under 1200 calories a day consumption? You are putting your body into starvation mode and it will do everything it can to hold onto the fat you have. You are going to lose muscle, bone density along with fat - if you lose at all.

Please listen to the advise that others are giving you. Eat the amount of calories that MFP gives you (based on the info you provided for height, weight, lifestyle and goal). You will lose weight!

OP, It wasn't clear to me from the thread whether you were actually logging/tracking your calories before the latest major cutback. You mentioned that you were eating healthier and less than you were before. But If you were not counting you would not know if you were eating 2500 calories or 1000 calories. Before going to an extreme try a couple of weeks of following the number of calories allotted to you by MFP and eating back a portion of your exercise calories. The point here is that eating the bare minimum of food then exercising most of it off is not sustainable. No you won't starve to death but you could be looking at unpleasant side effects like hair loss and loose skin. Try to find that zone where you are losing but able to eat enough to not feel deprived.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Eating the bare minimum of food then exercising most of it off is not sustainable. No you won't starve to death but you could be looking at unpleasant side effects like hair loss and loose skin. Try to find that zone where you are losing but able to eat enough to not feel deprived.
    ^^^This.

Everyone should be looking for the maximum number of calories at which they lose weight—never the minimum. Food is fuel.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • I am a lil prematurely excited but I know how weight can fluctuate soI shouldn't have weighed myself today but I was joking around with my kids about my weight stepped on the scale and it said 181lbs I was stunned so I stepped on it like 3 more times and it says 181 I'm not gonna log it until the end of the week just in case it's a fluc but if it's correct by the end of the week I should be 180 or less I got to get back to daily doing my weight training as well so I stay firm keeping up with what I eat is certainly helping me, best advice I've gotten from this site!