Starting to not eat breakfast.

Options
TeriaShae
TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
I've been not eating breakfast lately. Mainly because I'm just not hungry nor do I have the time. Who here eats breakfast and you skips?

Replies

• TeriaShae
    Options
    *who
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    I go through phases, sometimes I'm hungry for breakfast, sometimes I don't want to eat until after noon. Right now, I'm going with what my body wants to do and not worrying about eating at a certain time. I do try to not eat after my last meal of the day, which sometimes is late at 8pm. Are you concerned that you should eat breakfast and your body doesn't want to?
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Because of the type of breathing I do with some of the exercises (which eating would interfere with) & because of being interrupted a lot & having to be stubborn about getting the workout done, a lot of times it's technically lunch time before the first meal. But I still call it breakfast, just a late one. It's weird because I'm hungry many times until the workout gets going, then not hungry until I finish. If you eat three meals, the first is breakfast, right?

But it sounds like you're listening to your body, you've done really well! Just keep doing what you've bern doing, it sure seems to be working for you
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    I know breakfast is suppose to boost the metabolism. But why eat if I'm not hungry?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast, assuming you mean "early morning meal".
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast all the time. My breakfast is now bigger than my dinner. I find that I don't get hungry but it gives me much more energy to eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast never did me any favours.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Rarely eat breakfast, but then again going in to work to sit for 4 hrs until lunch hardly needs much, especially since I eat a late last meal.
    But if lifting workout day before was good and hard work, I may be famished and eat.

And no, it doesn't boost your metabolism. It requires so much energy to process so much food. So whether you do it first thing, or have a bigger lunch, you are spending the same amount of energy to process it.

Besides, I like the bigger dinner that comes along with skipping breakfast. Now that is post workout, and then I really want it.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I always skip. Always. Or you could say my breakfast is around 1:00pm. Works for me as I'm a big time evening snacker. Eat when you're hungry. As long as you meet your daily goal it's all good!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Very rarely unless I've had a extra big workout and am starving since now I know you don't need to eat breakfast to boost metabolism. Love having more calories for later in the day when I prefer to eat a medium cal lunch and a big dinner.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I skip 'breakfast' pretty much everyday. The way my sleep schedule is right now, I would have to wake up to get eat - and that's not happening. I eat two meals a day, and have healthy snack in between.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm practicing Intermittent Fasting right now so no breakfast. I eat 2ish big meals between 2-9pm and that's it. I can't say I really miss it, breakfast is a hassle.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i have my Breakfast around 7:00 am after i hit gym on a fasted state
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I find I have to eat breakfast to have the energy to get some kind of exercise. This results in my skipping lunch though. I don't do it on purpose, it's just how my body works. If I eat breakfast, I don't get hungry until around 2 PM then I have a yogurt or something because I eat dinner at 5:30 or 6 PM. If I eat breakfast and lunch, I get hungry at around 8 PM then if I eat, I can't sleep well.

Whatever works for you, I guess. Listen to your body.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I eat more than half of my calories before noon, that's just how I've always done it. Breakfast has always been my biggest meal, and dinner barely existent. If I skip breakfast I find it hard to hit my calorie goal, so I only do it in special circumstances, when I know I will be going out or having something special for lunch or dinner. It really doesn't matter when or how often you eat as long as you are within your calorie range, and keep it light before going to bed for better sleep.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    It's interesting to read everyone's replies. I don't eat breakfast because I'm not awake then. I'm not hungry when I wake up. If I make myself eat breakfast when I'm not hungry, I wind up overeating the rest of the day. Better to wait until I'm genuinely hungry.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I rarely have breakfast.

But honestly it's not a big deal. Meal timing and frequency are myths and completely irrelevant in terms of body re-composition. Just focus on hitting your macro nutrient goals and vitamins/minerals + fiber for the day.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast. I wake up hungry and need to eat something for energy and not having a grumbly tummy while I dance. And I love breakfast food. This is not for any reason, other than it's what works for me. On some days I eat breakfast, dance, then eat breakfast again, then dance again.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    sometimes i skip, sometimes i dont. just really depends. I love breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There will be a lot of people that say you MUST eat breakfast to 'kick-start' your metabolism. Likewise, there will be some who say there is no need to eat breakfast.

Personally, I used to eat breakfast either as soon as I got up or as soon as I got to work. More because it became habit rather than due to the fact I was hungry (I started to listen to what my stomach was telling me; not my head). I get into work before 9am each morning and now, I just eat when I'm hungry, which is usually around 10.30-11am. I also find that it stops me snacking between breakfast and lunch, which helps keep my calories down. I do strength training 3 mornings a week before work and I have a protein shake immediately after so a lot of the time I'm not hungry enough to eat when I get to work. I've been doing this for a good few weeks and I am losing just as much weight (if not more) as I did when I ate early.

I would say, eat when you're hungry. If you're not hungry until 12pm, then that's when you eat. Likewise, if you're hungry when you get up, eat. Listen to your body :)
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast maybe around 10-11am. I always make sure it's protein based as well as really fills me up. I used to eat carbs for breakfast and found that I became lethargic after a few hours feeling very sleepy.