morning drink.

Options
jamilt
jamilt Posts: 25 Member
What's a really good fruit & veggie smoothie to get you going in the morning.. And won't have you hungry in 30mins?

Replies

• MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    I often make a smoothie in the morning and add different fruit or vegetables depending on the mood and availability!

My base for my smoothie always remains the same:
    Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Protein Powder
    Chia seeds

today I added
    Banana & Mango

Every second day I make one using Spinach
    with the frozen portions and I cut them in half with an electric knife
    so I can just grab them when needed ....
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was gonna involve alcohol. So, I'm gonna say, it should have vodka and tomato juice or V8. And Red Bull. Ya, Red Bull.
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I often make a smoothie in the morning and add different fruit or vegetables depending on the mood and availability!

Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Protein Powder
    Chia seeds

today I added
    Banana & Mango

My base is very similar: unsweetened almond milk with protein powder (I use my chia seeds to make pudding). I add things like frozen strawberries, blueberries or a banana. I also love PB2 in my protein shake.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This is not fruit / veggie, but it is a great breakfast smoothie:

http://themessybakerblog.com/2013/09/26/skinny-chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-shake/

Although actually, there is a banana in there... But I don't think that's what you meant. Anyway, great protein source, and very tasty!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options

Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Protein Powder
    Chia seeds

today I added
    Banana & Mango

My base is very similar: unsweetened almond milk with protein powder (I use my chia seeds to make pudding). I add things like frozen strawberries, blueberries or a banana. I also love PB2 in my protein shake.

I must remember to take the PB2 out of the cupboard and try it in a shake :)
    Thank you!
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was gonna involve alcohol. So, I'm gonna say, it should have vodka and tomato juice or V8. And Red Bull. Ya, Red Bull.
    LIKE!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    LIKE!

Double like!

I like the EAS carb control protein drinks some mornings.