The Vegan Buddhist

Options
Hello everyone, my wife and I are the minority. We are both Vegan (which makes up aprox. 1 % of America) and we are also Buddhists! (3% of Americans).

We are an odd couple, she is from El Salvador and I from Germany.

When we started we were meat eaters, ate what ever we wanted when ever we wanted. We were Christians.

After awhile, I started feeling bad (weighing over 220 POUNDS!) I decided to become vegetarian, once I did I started to think "I don't really like milk, or eggs" so I tried veganism. <--I had already converted to Buddhism (Wife still catholic!)

And and after awhile things started changing. I started losing weight, pound after pound my perspective of myself and the world around me slowly started shifting.

My wife than became vegan shortly after.

I started getting into theology, she came to temple with me a few times and eventually converted.

I am The Vegan Buddhist, in short I am who I am but who I am is forever changing.

I am attending Pre-Med at the moment, I am going to be a Physicians Assistant and I am becoming a nutritionist on the side.

msrr.jpg <--before and after (me)

tjjt.jpg <--- before and after (her)

This is my story, this is our journey.

Replies

• jennyharland1
    jennyharland1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you will like MFP! I am a vegetarian American living in India, so Im a little unusual too :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • unisheep
    unisheep Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I am not a buddhist, but am vegan and German :-)
    Welcome to MFP!

Mooncow/Unisheep
    http://weightlossveganstyle.blogspot.it/
  • Egon9123
    Egon9123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You guys look great! I am trying to transit into becoming vegan myself!

Namaste my friends!