Poop & constipation

Options
I barely used to eat fibres and as a result I was constipated quite a lot of times, and barely used to visit the bathroom to go for a dump, maybe once a week.
Now that I increased my fibre intake (to about 30-40 grams a day) and water intake (about half a gallon/2liters) I go daily, but... I still am kind of constipated and I don't understand why, going to the bathroom is pretty much a struggle rather than a relief lol

I would like some tips especially if you've experienced constipation before and if you could tell how you recovered from it that would be great, thanks

Replies

• Mugiwarah
    Mugiwarah Posts: 40
    Options
    BUMPeddy doo
  • ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A lot of water and for those bad times, there is an herbal tea called Smooth Move. It works very well!
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I drink Natural Calm to keep things moving. It's a magnesium powder you add to water. The raspberry lemon flavor is pretty good. It's available on Amazon.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    10+ glasses of water
    Miralax
    Magnesium supplement
    Prune juice
    Apple juice
    Coffee
    Beans
    A LOT of veggies (preferably green)
  • Mugiwarah
    Options
    Ight thx will use these methods
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Make sure there's adequate fat in your diet (not excess, but you need some) it makes a difference to your bowels...
  • Mugiwarah
    Options
    Thanks,
    I do get enough fats in my diet but I will keep it in mind, thanks for the shared knowledge though! :D
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Not everyone goes every day. Not everyone goes multiple times a day.

Don't strain yourself.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Eating some avocados daily have helped me...I wasn't getting enough fats.
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This has been an issue for me most of my life. My mom used to say that my diapers looked like that had little balls in them, lol. Anyway....I find that eating fruit, especially blueberries (fresh or frozen) helps, as does eating oatmeal daily. I don't eat the oatmeal anymore (no particular reason) and try to get enough liquids during the day to keep things moving. I find that exercise helps too. I love cheese, but can not eat too much of it or I will get constipated too. Someone mentioned healthy fats...that makes a difference too. I use olive oil when cooking on the stove rather than the sprays...I don't care about the calories since it helps me go also.

Good luck,
    Chelle
  • Owl_Green
    Owl_Green Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What Chelle said about fruit and oatmeal, and water of course.

I also started using a probiotic - for me, Align works much better than Culturelle.
  • tah973
    tah973 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I had the same problem until i was introduced to Probiotics they work great for me. I use the Ultimate "10" Probiotic, 13 billion from the Vitamin Shoppe. I take two a day and it works wonders... You can research and read reviews about this product, I have learned that probiotics are good for a number of things including IBS etc...

Check it out !!
  • Mugiwarah
    Options
    Thank you very much guys