expert advice wanted please !!

Options
Hi I'm confused about my recent weight loss and hope someone knowledgeable can help me figure it out !! I carefully watched my diet eating clean eating small regular meals and was working out with a mixture of heavy lifting and cardio running 8 miles a week for 6 weeks and ....did not lose a single pound and only 1 inch from belly! I was getting very frustrated with all my hard work not working I noticed some days my net calories were very low after exercise and began getting tired.
I then gave up a little and had 2 weeks off exercise because my knees became sore from all the running and I stopped logging my food intake and have now lost 3lbs!

So is this a) delayed weight loss from the intense 6 weeks I did?
B) my calories had been too low during that time and now is losing weight as I'm eating more?
C) was I just holding water weight due to lifting weights?
D) something else

Will I start to gain weight again by next month if I carry on more relaxed diet/exercise routine or should I go back to been more intense to keep seeing results I NEED to get this right I have only 4 weeks to lose another 8lbs any advice appreciated thank you x

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    New exercises can cause water/glycogen stores in the muscles...it can take a while for you to get rid of it...and the 2 weeks you took off from exercise allowed that.

What are your calories???? I eat 1700 a day and lose about 3/4lb a week...
    Yes water weight.

Weight loss is not linear you have to log accurately and stay in a reasonable calorie deficet to lose weight without exercise.

Exercise is for health...calorie deficet is for weight loss.

Your weekly weight loss goal will define your calories allowed and with 22lbs left 1/2lb a week is healthy and sustainable...your intake should be the maximum allowed and still lose weight not the minimum you can eat and still live.

Not sure why there is a time line but with 33lbs to lose you should have given yourself about a year.
  • MissInce26
    MissInce26 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply I set the weight loss goal some time ago and its probably too unrealistic really! I think half a stone or just losing a few more inches from my hips and belly is what I need to do! Iv set my calories as 1500 but don't eat back exercise calories. It seems strange my body would hold on to water for 6 weeks Now that my body has rested should I go back to my intense working out eating clean to keep seeing results or will the weight loss Holt again I have 4 weeks as I'm going to be a bridesmaid and have a holiday booked and my mini goal was to wear. Bikini something iv not done since having babies! Im just wondering if it takes my body so long to react to change will I find iv gained weight again next month if I carry on been more relaxed with the diet and exercise as I am now (still going to gym 3-4 times eat pretty healthy but have chocolate if I want to lol)