4-5 hours of sleep

Options
Hey guys,

I workout at least 5-6x a week for 1 1/2- 2 hours a day. I have found that ever since I have been doing this (past 4 months or so) I am sleeping less. I usually go to bed around 10pm and I am up at 2:30-3:00 am everyday. I don't feel groggy or anything but I am worried that this could potentially be detrimental to my health. Does anyone else have this problem or have some advice for me? I don't want this to catch up to me and affect my gains I guess is what I am most worried about.

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I workout at least 5-6x a week for 1 1/2- 2 hours a day. I have found that ever since I have been doing this (past 4 months or so) I am sleeping less. I usually go to bed around 10pm and I am up at 2:30-3:00 am everyday. I don't feel groggy or anything but I am worried that this could potentially be detrimental to my health. Does anyone else have this problem or have some advice for me? I don't want this to catch up to me and affect my gains I guess is what I am most worried about.

Are you working out close to bedtime? that can effect sleep. Also, if workout out is new to you, it does have an effect on your metabolism, which can in turn, effect sleep. I rarely sleep more then 5-6 hours a day, plus I work nights. I usually wake up, 2-3 times as well. My workouts are fine, as long as I properly feed myself beforehand, and also, I'm still achieving gains.

But again, this is my personal experience....., some people's body might re-act differently.
  • jseward20
    jseward20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I workout usually around 530-6pm and 930-10 am on weekends. I have been exercising for a while now so it's not new to me, however the past 4 months I've really amped it up. I'm still seeing results so I guess it's not a huge deal. I'm more curious I guess for the long term affects.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Go to bed about 11.30pm.

I am a regular light sleeper and going to bed at 10pm, even if i feel a bit tired has the same effect. If I go to bed at 11.30pm, I am more likely to wake up around 6-7am.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I workout usually around 530-6pm and 930-10 am on weekends. I have been exercising for a while now so it's not new to me, however the past 4 months I've really amped it up. I'm still seeing results so I guess it's not a huge deal. I'm more curious I guess for the long term affects.

Sounds about the same for me, changed my workout in Dec 2013, So I'd be curious to see the long term effect as well, if any. The only good thing about my sleep, is that, its consistent in the amount of hours and the timing.