Need help with toning!

Options
Hi all,

So I was on this site a while back and I ended up losing 21 pounds! Then, I slowly gained it all back :( life got in the way, so that made it very hard to fit my healthy lifestyle in when McDonald's was right around the corner and quicker than the local salad bar.
Anyway, I'm starting again and I want to lose the 21 pounds I lost and more! But, my only problem is that when I lost weight the first time, I wasn't as toned as I would have liked to be. This time around, I really want to tone up and lose inches as well as pounds. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do or any recommendations? :)

Replies

• Feebarella
    Feebarella Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've just started 30 day shred as I want to tone and lose weight. Google some of the before and after results, amazing!
    It is difficult but as it is only 20 minutes per day it is very doable. I got it Amazon pretty cheap. Good luck to you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So I was on this site a while back and I ended up losing 21 pounds! Then, I slowly gained it all back :( life got in the way, so that made it very hard to fit my healthy lifestyle in when McDonald's was right around the corner and quicker than the local salad bar.
    Anyway, I'm starting again and I want to lose the 21 pounds I lost and more! But, my only problem is that when I lost weight the first time, I wasn't as toned as I would have liked to be. This time around, I really want to tone up and lose inches as well as pounds. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do or any recommendations? :)

Read this, and all included links.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • alyssanichele2
    alyssanichele2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! Reading suggested links now :)

Bump!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    lift weights, eat at a deficit, eat enough for your activity level.. if you want a tone look, read about body fat percentage instead of a scale number.. and go off your body fat percentage.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Definitely lift weights. Heavy weights, meaning, whatever makes you feel like you are really working to pick it up and move it around.
  • Siy4
    Siy4 Posts: 47
    Options
    go for strength Training for toning.