How much do you spend on food a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Just the 2 of us - about £60 a week (including OH's beer!!). On top of that we eat out approx 1x per week. I spend about £40 on food and OH spends about £20 on beer and crisps (I refuse to buy them for him) . I also restock on cleaning materials,loo roll, kitchen roll etc monthly - prob another £15.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ours is really ridiculous because I have a dog with a stupid digestive system who requires a raw food diet or vile, disgusting things happen. His food alone is upwards of $25 a week, and we have another dog, 2 kids and 2 adults besides. I honestly don't know what we spend because we live 2 minutes from the grocery so I find that I am there daily getting stuff bit by bit. Our biggest expense food-wise are our meat shops at the warehouse club which usually come in around $120 but that's for about 10 days worth of dinner meals. We could definitely cut it down if we tried but haven't had the need to.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I spend anywhere between $100 - $200 a week. That's for me, my soon to be husband, two daughters (18 and 19), and a German Shepherd/Lab. We were getting by with $100 most weeks...but I decided to go lower carb. Made our grocery bill go up. Haven't figured out how to get it to go back down and still stay lower carb...but I'm working on it.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Its me and a four year old, we spend probably 140 a week total, about 100 at the store and 40 through the week on either items here and there or mom cops out and does the 7/11 meal at the beach for dinner. This week though he started going to a daycare that includes breakfast and lunch so that may cut our bill a lot since Ive had to send all his meals to daycare with him before.

Its insane how much everything costs a bit more now, I used to spend 80 on his dad and I when he was a baby plus formula and I cooked all the meals a day, no toast for breakfast nonsense
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    About $500 last week give or take. I eat out..a lot..
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    hookers dont count