Organic Food

Options
Besides the "dirty dozen", are there foods that you buy organic vs non organic? I've heard fruits and veggies with thick skin don't have to be organic but things like milk, meat, and apples should be organic.

Replies

• Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I advocate doing organic whenever you can. I know it can be expensive, but if I can … I buy organic. Don't care what it is.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is anything that I eat the outside of, is a priority organic purchase (apples, berries, etc.). Anything that has a peel/husk/rind that is removed is ok to do conventional. I do as much as I can organic, but sometimes life/money gets in the way.

Also, I think some organic foods taste different, such as eggs, so I make those a priority organic purchase.

I can't wait until summer, I tend to do almost 100% organic in the summer when I can go to the farmers market on the weekend and get loads of local organic food for much cheaper than the grocery store!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    CmUOQ64.jpg
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I eat as much organic as i can. Organic tastes better for most things. I often buy non-organic mangoes because the organic ones are harder to find in the ataulfo variety that i prefer.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I must admit I don't give a monkeys about organic vs not organic...