HELP!

Options
I started out 5 weeks ago at 158lbs (I'm 5'1") the first two weeks I walked 2 miles a day on the treadmill, the 2nd two weeks I bumped it up to 3 miles now I'm doing 4 miles a day and I've also been doing JM 30 day shred videos. I didn't take pictures or measurements and I just don't think I've lost anything. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 156lbs.

I'm going crazy...my jeans don't really feel any different but the clothes I wear to workout feel a little loser and it looks like I've lost my FUPA (fat upper pubic area, I know, yuck) but I tell myself that my workout clothes are stretchy material and they're probably just wearing out.

Is it possible to go a long time and not lose any lbs and then drop a bunch within a few days? I just feel like giving up but I know I can't, it's just really upsetting when you're working hard for something and you're not seeing results.

Replies

• Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I do think its normal to get "stuck" for awhile, If you know you are sticking to your diet and exercise plan, then don;t give up, it will come!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a race - Be patient!

You eating healthy & moving more will = to losing weight!!

Try not to weigh so often, and the results will come - Keep at it and don't give up!

Take pictures of yourself as you could lose inches and not lbs...??? Or tone up and weigh more but be smaller ???

Good luck : )
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It is very possible to lose later.
    I started out weight training and GAINED 1kg, it stuck on that weight for 6 weeks, then suddenly dropped by 4kgs.
    I knew I was losing weight because I measured myself and saw the inches coming off.

Measure yourself as soon as you can and track your progress with that rather than just the scale, it will save you a lot of "oh crap Im not losing weight on the scale I can be losing"

Good Luck :smile:
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes the first week I lost 0.4 then the next week I lost 4 lbs. the next I gained 0.2 oz. So give it time. Do every thing right and you will see a difference.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Since no one's said it yet: losing two pounds is a great start. Yay! :flowerforyou: You may have lost more real weight than that but you're retaining some water because of starting the JM Shred and/or eating too much sodium. Drink lots of water. It will help if that's what's going on and is a good idea anyway.

It's also possible that you're eating more than you think, so you're losing and getting healthier thanks to that lovely exercise (YAY) but the weight loss is slower than you hoped (BOO). If you haven't bought a food scale already, get yourself one today. Just about everyone on here will echo how useful it is--and how easy it is to pack more than a cup of food into a 1-cup measure or grab a "tablespoon" of PB that's more like 4x that in weight.

It's a process. We all get frustrated. And while the basic math and science of weight loss is straightforward--burn more calories than you eat and you'll lose weight--every body has its own quirks so weight loss isn't as linear as numbers make it seem.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

it's just really upsetting when you're working hard for something and you're not seeing results.

Working hard doesn't deserve results. Your opinion of working hard might be someone else's opinion of a light workout. Either way, calorie deficit = weight loss, not 'working hard'.
  • SpecialK1963
    SpecialK1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is like 80% food and 20% exercise. You didn't mention the food part, but you may want to look at that too. Best of luck. You'll get there!
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    I know how frustrated you feel - I haven't lost much weight either and my clothes don't fit much loser but my belly is much flatter and my love handles are gone - that by itself makes me happy!! Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll get there. Make sure to stick to your calorie goal. I do know that that helps me more than any amount of exercise I do :)
  • melenagirl81
    melenagirl81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't get frustrated, sad or angry. It's the little things that mean big achievements. For example I've never been able to wear blue jeans and for the first time I'm able to wear them. Losing inches is a lot better in my opinion then losing weight. The inches are what people notice right away. When they do then you know something going right. When I started working out everything felt tight and now things are feeling looser. I've always been a size 16, 14, 12, 10 and now I'm a size 7. So don't give up. If you need help you can add me under melenagirl81.

Melinda