Month 2 of Insanity

Options
So I'm on about week two of month two Insanity. Month one went really well and I enjoyed the workouts even though they were difficult. But with the extended time and difficulty of month two I find myself stopping more and more and thinking "I can't do this." I've been considering repeating month one before attempting month two again, but at the same time would like to push through and do as much as I can - which is not much. Has anyone done month one twice before, or have any advice? I really like this program and love the results I'm seeing but month two is killing my spirits. Thanks!

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is to push through and do what you can
    Think of the first workout you did in month 1 - how many times you stopped, how lacquered in sweat you were, how hard you were heaving your breath. . . .and compare that to the end of month 1. which you enjoyed.
    if you get amazing at month 1 you've lost the part where you challenge your muscles to develop and your skills and abilities to grow.
    things only change when they are stressed - you can do it.
    Shaun T called it insanity, not "easy and fun"!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is to push through and do what you can
    Think of the first workout you did in month 1 - how many times you stopped, how lacquered in sweat you were, how hard you were heaving your breath. . . .and compare that to the end of month 1. which you enjoyed.
    if you get amazing at month 1 you've lost the part where you challenge your muscles to develop and your skills and abilities to grow.
    things only change when they are stressed - you can do it.
    Shaun T called it insanity, not "easy and fun"!

^^Agree. I just started month 2 Monday and it definitely is WAY harder than month 1.... But remember the first few days of month 1- it's the same situation. You will get better. I couldn't even finish the 3rd set of the warm-up this morning. And it used to be that way the first week of month 1. But then I got better. My motivation has wavered a bit this week since it's like starting all over again, but I just keep thinking "I'm already half-way there". I also think about the results I've gotten already after one month (awesome!)- just think how much better it will be after month 2! Just keep with it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    remember how you felt when you first started insanity? pretty much the same as you do about month 2 now?

dont get me wrong, month 2 is TOUGH... even at the end of month 2 every workout still killed me... but they got a tiny bit easier!
  • fleurashford
    fleurashford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright thank you all so much!! I'll work through it and hopefully I'll get better at this soon!
  • raythrasher
    raythrasher Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Agree with shanbuffy. Push through. You can always repeat Month 2. However, I suspect you will find that you will be nailing it within a couple weeks.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Push through.

I literally went from the couch to Insanity and it kicked my *kitten*. But I'm glad I didn't quit and kept pushing through. It was an easy transition to the gym.

I do regret not being more in shape when I started it, so I might give it another go around this summer.