Logging strength training?

Options
How do you all log your strength training? I know we can log it under the ST section, but that doesn't show calories burned at all. I don't go to the gym but I use dumbbells at home as well as doing crunches, squats, etc. I looked up strength training in the cardio section and the caloric burns were outrageous so I don't think it applies to an at home kind of thing.

Replies

• charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I log it as cardio:weight lifting. I have no idea if it is accurate, but I lift heavy so maybe it is? I usually do not eat it all back.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    How do you all log your strength training? I know we can log it under the ST section, but that doesn't show calories burned at all. I don't go to the gym but I use dumbbells at home as well as doing crunches, squats, etc. I looked up strength training in the cardio section and the caloric burns were outrageous so I don't think it applies to an at home kind of thing.

You can log it under cardio. MFP calculates the calories by minutes. However, other websites I have seen state one rep (e.g one bicep curl) will burn one calorie.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Log it under cardio